Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    even after so many hours, i am where i am!!!!!!!!!!!! still stuck on silver!!!!!! can somebody please help me!!!!

(Original post by ChemistryQuiz)
    even after so many hours, i am where i am!!!!!!!!!!!! still stuck on silver!!!!!! can somebody please help me!!!!
    What do you think the graph represents?
    Note that it starts at 2 not 1.
    Also, what relevance does the number 27 have in chemistry?

These should be clues to solve the question

(Original post by heillingalj)
    Any advice for Rg? Completely stuck.:mad:
    Just follow this exactly and you should get the answer:

(Original post by brendads89)
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did it! the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the mass and that should be it....I don't know why but is sounds easier than it is...there are so many ways you can just fail in this question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu142857)
    Just follow this exactly and you should get the answer:
    OK, but what is the "mass" that is mentioned?

(Original post by heillingalj)
    OK, but what is the "mass" that is mentioned?
    34.998 g

It's because the molecular weight of 17O–18O is 34.998 g/mol

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the graph represents?
    Note that it starts at 2 not 1.
    Also, what relevance does the number 27 have in chemistry?

These should be clues to solve the question
    I know what the graph is and I know it starts with 2 but each time I key in an answer all I get is:

"Almost, take a closer look at where the peaks are..."

ReputationRep:
    It's because the molecular weight of 17O–18O is 34.998 g/mol
    Grr, still not working!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryQuiz)
    I know what the graph is and I know it starts with 2 but each time I key in an answer all I get is:

"Almost, take a closer look at where the peaks are..."
    If it starts at 2, then you're not looking for what you immediately think you're looking for.

It's definitely Ionisation Energies, but which one?

ReputationRep:
    someone please help me with the Roentgenium level question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarya)
    someone please help me with the Roentgenium level question
    the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the molecular weight (35.. or 34 it really doesn't matter) and that should be it....

ReputationRep:
    the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the molecular weight (35.. or 34 it really doesn't matter) and that should be it....
    Which values did you use for abundance?

ReputationRep:
    I used for 17O: 3.8x10?^(-4) and for 18O: 2.05x10^(-3)

[QUOTE=aarya;41648536]
    the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the molecular weight (35.. or 34 it really doesn't matter) and that should be it....[/QUOTE how do i find the volume it is so hard
    There are various values that they accept for the volume of the arena which you can find on the following website:
    http://www.theo2.co.uk/venue/the-o2-trivia.html

The values they give are
    • 3.8 billion pints of beer or the contents of 1100 olympic-sized swimming pools
    • The volume of The O2 is equal to thirteen Albert Halls ten St Paul’s Cathedrals or two old Wembley Stadiums

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=aarya;41648536]
    the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the molecular weight (35.. or 34 it really doesn't matter) and that should be it....[/QUOTE how do i find the volume it is so hard
    just use this [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 and then multiply by 1000 to get it to liters...

ReputationRep:
    whats the abundance of each isotope

ReputationRep:
    please can someone PM me the answer.I have tried everything but its not working

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what I'm looking for with Gold (I know what the molecule is and what the numbers mean) but I don't know how to find the answer. Can anyone help me out? It's really annoying me

ReputationRep:
    Really stuck on Copper... Just can't work out what to do.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    Really stuck on Copper... Just can't work out what to do.

Any help?
    First look at what the molecule is made of, that should give you a hint as to what it is.
    Also, what really helped me was knowing what the symbol was (before max), think about greek letters.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.