Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, been on silver for a while. Tried making words out of all the letters but no success. Same with the units for each of the letters.
    gnrkphCE?
    gnRkBCJ?
    Am I even close lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smidge)
    Damn it, been on silver for a while. Tried making words out of all the letters but no success. Same with the units for each of the letters.
    gnrkphCE?
    gnRkBCJ?
    Am I even close lol
    The first one is close.
    Think about about charge equals.the letters 2-4 are wrong.everyhing else is right.

(Original post by Ripple Effect)
    Isn't the formula for Gold
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (a^2n^2)/(bRTV^2)
    All the units except Pa cancel out, yet I can't seem to get the right answer..
    I believe you have the wrong equation.
    The equation you require is Van der Waals equation

(Original post by Smidge)
    gnrkphCE?
    gnRkBCJ?
    Am I even close lol
    gnrkphCE

The red indicates the errors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu142857)
    gnrkphCE
    Are they all constants?
    No. Wait, are they to do with gas, energy, RTP, standard conditions? I'm just throwing words out now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Seriously, the best thing to do is ignore the random beehive. If I ever get into Cambridge I'm going to ask Mr Keeler just how exactly that has anything at all to do with the question :/
    The beehive most likely represents a "spelling bee"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtisDean)
    The beehive most likely represents a "spelling bee"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. After dwelling over it for 6 months and losing a lot of sleep, we did eventually establish that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtisDean)
    Are they all constants?
    No. Wait, are they to do with gas, energy, RTP, standard conditions? I'm just throwing words out now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, they aren't constants and they are not the units either. It therefore cannot be C.

Think about what each of them equals. You've already found these:

(H-TS)=G
    -log(H+)=pH
    mc^2=E

Q is assosciated with charge yes, but it's not supposed to be its' units. How do you calculate Q?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Q=It

N shouldn't even be in there, don't know where you've gotten that from. As for K, you've incorrectly re-arranged the Arrhenius Equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doppel)
    No, they aren't constants and they are not the units either. It therefore cannot be C.

Think about what each of them equals. You've already found these:

(H-TS)=G
    -log(H+)=pH
    mc^2=E

Q is assosciated with charge yes, but it's not supposed to be its' units. How do you calculate Q?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Q=It

N shouldn't even be in there, don't know where you've gotten that from. As for K, you've incorrectly re-arranged the Arrhenius Equation.
    Thanks for the help, although I am not sure if the entire response was directed at me; as I was wondering how the user got N also. I guessed that maybe they thought that since Na is avogadro's constant, the letter might be n to represent amount of substance

Thanks again though - I'm going to have a look at the question again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a thread about the written Cambridge chemistry challenge for Y12?

I have searched but can't find anything :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the actual paper next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    Anyone doing the actual paper next week?
    Yh next Thursday ...have you done any revision for it? I can't really as I'm focusing on c3/c4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltigers)
    Yh next Thursday ...have you done any revision for it? I can't really as I'm focusing on c3/c4
    I'm doing the 2 past papers, what specifically are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any websites to increase knowledge or help in the questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckynoriss)
    Does anyone know any websites to increase knowledge or help in the questions?
    Chemguide is great for a-level. Some of the more advanced stuff I usually try wikipedia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Chemguide is great for a-level. Some of the more advanced stuff I usually try wikipedia.
    Thank you I know they are stretching AS knowledge but are there any specific areas or common topics they like to pick up on. I understand its not like normal past papers, but are there any specific areas I could look into in more detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckynoriss)
    Thank you I know they are stretching AS knowledge but are there any specific areas or common topics they like to pick up on. I understand its not like normal past papers, but are there any specific areas I could look into in more detail.
    Nah. I did it last year (gold ) and you just need to know AS chemistry like the back of your hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Nah. I did it last year (gold ) and you just need to know AS chemistry like the back of your hand.
    Thank you, well done on the gold.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.