Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samsimmons)
    They are very odd boundaries. The silver surely must be more like 20ish but wow, seems like this paper really stretched the range of marks!
    Not knowing how i've done is very frustrating >_<
    as I said, these are very approximate, this is just based upon marks, in my school.
    eg, someone got 9-and no award, again, someone got 11 and copper, 17 and copper, 25 and silver , and two got above 30 and got gold.

ReputationRep:
    Someone just told me boundaries for copper, silver and gold are as follows. No idea on Roentgenium however.
    Copper - 10 and up
    Silver - 20 and up
    Gold - 29 and up
    That's some very low boundaries ... you probably got roentgenium then congrats in advance

ReputationRep:
    A few more Roentgeniums this year! I guess more and more people are taking it
    If I don't get my results tomorrow I'll be so pissed off...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Someone just told me boundaries for copper, silver and gold are as follows. No idea on Roentgenium however.
    Copper - 10 and up
    Silver - 20 and up
    Gold - 29 and up
    How reliable is this? That's the most important question.

Copper is -5 from 2012, Silver is -4, Gold is -2. We could probably project Roentgenium to likely not be higher than 45 on the basis of this alone, though I wouldn't say this is necessarily the case.

ReputationRep:
    My friend just told me that Roentgenium is 44 and above!
    and edit: pretty reliable; my friend heard from her teacher
    Cool, and what did you get?

(Original post by geor)
    If this is true then either my mark has dropped massively in moderation or my teacher is not telling me for some reason....
    Look mate, you always did overestimate the grade boundaries! I have had some rough experience with massive drops in moderation (mark falling by 3 or more from the Olympiad this year, moving me from joint-3rd in the country to not even making Round 2) but to me the likeliest explanation for you seems to be that your teacher just hasn't told you. In my case, I cannot see a 9 mark drop as likely so I can certainly hope I got Roentgenium, and I would not be discouraged because your chances are pretty high, if the boundary is indeed 44 ...

On the other hand I'm not entirely convinced that it's true. I'll let you know if I ever get confirmation. Chances are pretty solid that I'll only find out the awards rather than the boundaries though.

Edit: I too am not happy about the lack of emails in my school inbox which would indicate that I got Roentgenium. But it doesn't scare me just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I somehow got a roentgenium. Totally unexpected, but I'm not complaining

Grats everyone who got an award! Good luck on everyone who's still waiting on their results.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any information about the online challenge results? As in who are the ones who get the prize or the trophy?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, but no word yet from my teacher.
    Do you know how you've done?
    I just got told. 56/60
    second in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voodooman)
    I just got told. 56/60
    second in UK
    Whoa!! Congrats!! :clap2:
    But is it only the ones who have given the written paper who get the prize or the ones doing only the online challenge also get it? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MistyDream)
    Whoa!! Congrats!! :clap2:
    But is it only the ones who have given the written paper who get the prize or the ones doing only the online challenge also get it? :hmmmm2:
    No idea.. I don't do the online challenge so I wouldn't know
    Thanks for the kind words! I hope you did well too.

ReputationRep:
    Report, mark scheme and paper is up on C3L6 website:

http://c3l6.org/downloads

ReputationRep:
    I just got told. 56/60
    second in UK
    Congrats, what an excellent score! Will I be meeting you in Cambridge in August?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such)
    Congrats, what an excellent score! Will I be meeting you in Cambridge in August?
    You sure will
    look forward to seeing you and other like-minded keen chemists!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I just got told. 56/60
    second in UK
    That's just too good... Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who did well on this. I managed to get a silver award, which I was very pleased with.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone who did the online challenge receive any emails from a particular "Tim Hersey"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivana_a.h)
    Did anyone who did the online challenge receive any emails from a particular "Tim Hersey"?
    no.. :/

I guess it's for a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtisDean)
    no.. :/

I guess it's for a good thing?
    Well yeah, he mentioned about being the top in my country under 18 y.o and that a trophy featuring a 1s orbital will be sent, but what triggers my suspicion is that it's from a gmail account and sent from an iPad, and c3l6 didn't really mention on their website about a trophy being awarded this year for completing the online challenge :/

ReputationRep:
    I probably got about 2 marks in the whole exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.