Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me an idea for gold?

I know im usually the Van der Waal equation: P = (nRT/v-nb) - (n^2*a/v^2)

Do I need to adjust the units of the values I'm given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivana_a.h)
    Well yeah, he mentioned about being the top in my country under 18 y.o and that a trophy featuring a 1s orbital will be sent, but what triggers my suspicion is that it's from a gmail account and sent from an iPad, and c3l6 didn't really mention on their website about a trophy being awarded this year for completing the online challenge :/
    Congrats!
    So did you receive your trophy yet?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, he mentioned about being the top in my country under 18 y.o and that a trophy featuring a 1s orbital will be sent, but what triggers my suspicion is that it's from a gmail account and sent from an iPad, and c3l6 didn't really mention on their website about a trophy being awarded this year for completing the online challenge :/
    Isn't C3L6 the paper? In which case of course there wouldn't be a mention made, because you're talking about the online challenge which is separate.

Tim Hersey is definitely not fake. He takes care of the U18 and U17 challenges "on behalf of Peter Wothers" (his own words).

(Original post by geor)
    His email is [email protected] if that's any help.. When he emailed me before it said "sent from my iPad" - its legit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You got the second email too right? When are the "further details" coming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor)
    I received an email on the 5th of August which I assume was the further details.... it had a list of students, a brief itinerary..?
    It looks like they have split us up into two groups, maybe they haven't sent the e-mail for your group yet?
    Unfortunately I haven't received any emails at all in the last week or so, due to being locked out of my school email account. If this persists there could be problems for me.

Could you send me the details by PM? that way I can at least check I am on the list of students, and if there are any details I really need I could see them, while I try and sort out the email problem

ReputationRep:
    Is it starting again? There's nothing on the site. It stills refers to June 2013 as the current challenge. Any clue? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MistyDream)
    Is it starting again? There's nothing on the site. It stills refers to June 2013 as the current challenge. Any clue? :confused:
    Exactly! What's going on??? Anybody???

ReputationRep:
    I am to excited waiting for the new challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MistyDream)
    00: 00: 01 tonight is the new one. If you registered, you should have got the email.

ReputationRep:
    damn i hjavent done this since year 11!

have MAT next week so better not bother with this one. And i dropped chem AS alas looool.think ill start doing these again in jan

ReputationRep:
    Oh ma god, laptop is being so slow when I want to refresh the page for the online challenge. I'm guessing it's due to a lot of people being on there at once. :P

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever get this trophy? I got sent a trophy of a 1s orbital and it's so cool!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Chemist(Icekidd),

As someone who has participated in the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge in the past, we thought you might like to know that a new challenge for the year 2013-2014 starts tonight at one second past midnight. We have improved the website, adding many new features, and showing pictures of previous winners from round the world with their trophies. We hope you enjoy participating and wish you the best of luck!

The C3L6 committee

www.C3L6.com

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else struggling to use the website at the minute?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandanparmar)
    Is anyone else struggling to use the website at the minute?
    Yes! It's so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    Has any one started with the new challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    Yes! It's so frustrating!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennywren42681)
    Me too!
    It's definitely a challenge of a different sort this week.. :-P

Great quote from a guy on the facebook page: "Its them siphoning off the weak."..

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely a challenge of a different sort this week.. :-P

Great quote from a guy on the facebook page: "Its them siphoning off the weak."..
    Haha, I'm not patient though. It's quite annoying as I got to the first challenge and was just about to complete it when the database went missing. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    Haha, I'm not patient though. It's quite annoying as I got to the first challenge and was just about to complete it when the database went missing. :P
    So the challenge was actually there...?!

ReputationRep:
    So the challenge was actually there...?!
    Yeah I just kept refreshing the page but it crashes after about 3 minutes. U.U

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.