Turn on thread page Beta

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL) watch

• View Poll Results: Would you walk around topless in public if it was acceptable?
    Yes- I would love to feel the breeze on my exposed chest
    46.62%
    No- My chest is private and sacred
    53.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie-wellie)
    If it had always been acceptable, there would be no shyness about it at all. Guys can go round topless, because they have always been able to. If girls had always been able to, then it would end up being weird that we didn't- like seeing a guy walking on a beach with a top on.

So yes, I would. So would all the other girls.
    I meant if it suddenly became acceptable, e.g. celebrities started doing it and then all the mindless sheep girls started copying them. This would leave all the intelligent non-sheep girls to make a decision:

Shall I wear a top today, or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)

I would prefer that they walk around in these.
    Not for me, I prefer guys to do that to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Also, it looks like you live in Scotland and I hear it is freezing up there.

Would sexual violence really increase? Men walk around topless but they don't get attacked by other men (or women).

And in societies where women do walk around topless, I doubt they would get attacked there.
    Scotland isn't that different to England in weather terms. Well at least not where I am.

They're less likely to get attacked there because it's "the norm" and the men don't find breasts to be anything 'special' if you will, like men in britain... they get 'excited' over them because they don't see them naked every day. But i'm sure attacks still happen in countries that do go topless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    It would ache after a while, your boobs wouldn't have any support, walking downstairs without a bra is bad enough!
    But how do other women on earth manage to walk around all the time topless. Their boobs can't hurt, otherwise they'd wear/invent a bra....

Plus I think guys enjoy it more if it's a special occasion thing
    But at least men would know what they are getting into. You don't milk a cow without checking the udders first (IM NOT COMPARING WOMEN TO COWS)

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted to say yes, I would - I'd like the freedom of it and the feel of the breeze on them. However I think I'll go for no, because they'd go saggy after a while and I wouldn't want random guys perving.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I wouldn't. Firstly because my body is for me and my man to see only, and secondly let's face it, there would be no end of unwanted attention.

ReputationRep:
    But how do other women on earth manage to walk around all the time topless. Their boobs can't hurt, otherwise they'd wear/invent a bra....
    But it really does hurt. I guess those women are used to it, but really, walking around bra-less for any longer than it takes to get from the bathroom to the wardrobe really isn't worth the aches.

And nah, I both feel and look a whole load better with clothes than without them, so I'll be keeping my top on I think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I personally DON'T want anyone to see my boobies in public! LOL :lolwut:

Yep, girls should get equal right but I think I still wouldn't do it even if it's acceptable.

For guys, it's fine. But for girls, it's just.... I don't know. Boobs are completely different to moobs.

Our boobs are like the attractions and it....errmm... hangs out. :no: Which makes it even more embarrassing when walk around.

For guys, when I see guys walk around topless, I look at his chest and not his moobs. Because ot me, guys' chest is the attraction on the body...

You got me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    I wouldn't want random guys perving.
    We look at them anyway :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I get cold easily. We live in England, what do you think

ReputationRep:
    We look at them anyway :sexface:
    Yes, but surely that's harder to do if you can't see the whole thing?

ReputationRep:
    Remember this would mean your own mother, sister and daughter would walk around topless. Are you sure you guys would want you and others to see that?

ReputationRep:
    If it was socially acceptable , wouldnt it mean that its no different to seeing a girls legs ?

ReputationRep:
    I think Lady Godiva can speak for all women

ReputationRep:
    So basically you want your moobs to blend in?

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah- because if it was socially acceptable then I wouldn't know any different. Like I don't think, "oh no, I can't wear a mini skirt, my legs are private and sacred". Don't think people who voted no really get it.

ReputationRep:
    If it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless in public, would you?

I'm a man. I can walk around topless when its hot outside, or when I'm wrestling or when I want to show someone my nipples. Girls can't do that.

Women have equal rights, so in my opinion, girls should be allowed to walk around topless if they want to.

This is not a pervy thread, this is serious. In many societies on earth women walk around topless...
    Hmm,
    I have done topless twice and I sometimes walk around my flat topless (when im alone).
    No, boobs are heavy so it's annoying, i can't jump or walk comfortably when im not wearing a bra. I can't even go out without a bra.
    Let alone top-less.
    But it's reallly cool to swim topless! love to "feel the breeze/water on my exposed chest " :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Don't complain bro, if girls never wore bras their tits would be saggier than a black man's jeans.

ReputationRep:
    If boobs are acceptable, then so is my wang.

So we'll all just be naked. Rape would be so ****ing easy.

-_-

ReputationRep:
    I hate clothes. I would so walk around topless, but you males don't have the support issue that I have, and I wouldn't be able to run anywhere without hitting someone in the face

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.