Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you walk around topless in public if it was acceptable?
    Yes- I would love to feel the breeze on my exposed chest
    46.62%
    No- My chest is private and sacred
    53.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connor ellis)
    It would mess up boys hormones... Or just make them so overexposed to them that they might no longer care for them.
    LOL?!

Mess up boy's hormones indeed, more like get those hormones flowing like water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    There is no equal in this world, men and women are different and always will be.
    So now you tell us this, as soon as equality means we get to see more boobs...typical, I think your just trying to spoil our fun tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol how can you compare flat chests to breasts which will hang out if left without support

Anyways I'd walk around with my **** out if it was socially acceptable

ReputationRep:
    No, it's so impractical.

Even just going up stairs braless is annoying, they go everywhere ahah.

I couldn't imagine having to put up with that 24/7!

ReputationRep:
    I think I remember reading somewhere that women who wear bras don't (fully) develop the tissue which would support them.
    That makes some sense, as if you don't use a a function/muscle/etc, it'll just atrophy. It doesn't make much sense for the natural state (ie. no clothes) to be uncomfortable to run about in (in times gone by those who couldn't run for a reasonable distance were known as lunch).

On the social front, I personally think the laws/social norms on decency/obscenity as regards clothing are just bizarre and not especially healthy, from a cultural point of view. A body is just a bag of meat, everyone has one, it's not special or anything...

As for all the comments on sagging breasts presumably being aesthetically displeasing, so what, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Be a bit weird in rush hour on the tube, packed in so tight In a street with plenty of walking space though, maybe.

I don't suit having my shoulders exposed though, this is my main issue.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather it were not socially acceptable for guys to walk around topless, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be socially acceptable if no was comfortable with doing it. Silly question.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's never THAT warm.

ReputationRep:
    Well if we could then men would probably stop caring about them so much. Also I'd get a more even summer tan.

I'd go topless, yeah why not.

ReputationRep:
    please don't let this happens, i dont want to have to carry a sick bag for when i accidentaly see an overweight woman :eek: there are some grim fatties out there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.