The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by anna258
hahaa, another question too, if you don't mind...
How did you do QUESTION 5.b) from the same paper? :smile: :confused:

20cm3 = 1 mol

So

4cm3 = 0.2 mol (divide it by 5)

As there is 4cm3 of NaCl, there must be 16cm3 of water, to make it up ot 20 cm3.
Reply 421
what do antibodies do? and whats the difference between an antibody and a pathogen and therfore why are they destroyed seperatly?
Reply 422
I'm starting my revision now...

I was wondering whether we would have to discuss cytokines for the humoral immunity. Or is that a step to high for AS?
Original post by RG1994
what do antibodies do? and whats the difference between an antibody and a pathogen and therfore why are they destroyed seperatly?

Antibodies clump bacteria together by binding to the antigens. They then can't enter cells as they are too big to fit through the membranes. Also easier to ingest fo WBC.
Reply 424
Original post by Stratos

I was wondering whether we would have to discuss cytokines for the humoral immunity. Or is that a step to high for AS?

too high for unit 1
Original post by Stratos

Ctyokines stimulate B-Cells right?
My teacher didn't know what they were when I asked. =.=
Reply 426
can someone please explain to me the different measurements we need to know? :smile:
e.g. how many um and nm there are in 1 mm
Would just like to wish everyone luck for tomorrow, don't panic when they inevitably ask us something we haven't been taught as such- read the question and use the knowledge you do have!

This will be the 3rd time I've sat unit 1, 3rd time lucky eh?!
Reply 428
Original post by DoaaK
can someone please explain to me the different measurements we need to know? :smile:

1 = 1km
1^-3 = 1mm
1^-6 =1um
1^19 =1nm
Original post by whiskeyinthejar
Would just like to wish everyone luck for tomorrow, don't panic when they inevitably ask us something we haven't been taught as such- read the question and use the knowledge you do have!

This will be the 3rd time I've sat unit 1, 3rd time lucky eh?!

Same here! Its annoying because its the easiest module yet I always end up doing worse than i thought :P
Reply 430
Original post by RG1994
1 = 1km
1^-3 = 1mm
1^-6 =1um
1^-9 =1nm

sorry mistake there
1^-9 =1nm
Reply 431
Original post by RG1994
sorry mistake there
1^-9 =1nm

thankyou :biggrin:
so do i basically just add 000 each time?

so 1000 um = 1mm?
Reply 432
what does everyone think the hardest topic is for Unit 1?
Reply 433
Original post by liviaaa
It moves from roothair cell, to xylem by osmosis. Up the xylem by cohesion-tension, cappilarity or root pressure. NOT active transport - that requires ATP, and the xylem is made from dead cells.

--

Anyway this is AQA unit 1, not OCR unit 2. :tongue:

Its for unit 1 of OCR, not unit 2? And thanks :biggrin:
Reply 434
Original post by RG1994
sorry mistake there
1^-9 =1nm

i think its 1=1m, not a km
Reply 435
Original post by DoaaK

1mm = 1,000 micrometere
1mm = 1,000,000nm
Reply 436
Original post by anna258
what does everyone think the hardest topic is for Unit 1?

deffoooooo immunity!
Reply 437
i reckon digestive system, amino acids bonding, tests and structure of a protein will come up :biggrin:
Reply 438
Original post by emmaaa65
1mm = 1,000 micrometere
1mm = 1,000,000nm

thankyou :biggrin:
Reply 439
whats the chemical used for the buiret test? is it copper(II) sulfate? or am i thinking of benedicts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending