Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    How does TB spread and what are the effects of TB ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeejTheone)
    Actually water flows from the BLOOD to the lumen through the epithelium cell
    :confused:
    just checked my revision guide and it says
    'loss of cl ions from the epethelial cells raises their water potential, while increase of chloride ions in the lumen of the intestine lowers its water potential. Water flows from the cells into the lumen. Loss of ions from the epethelial causes ions to move by diffusion into the epethelial cells from surrounding BLOOD. This causes water to move by osmosis from the blood into the intestine'

so what i meant is that water first moves from epethelial into the lumen, then from blood into the epethelial if that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    got 49/60 on the january 2010 paper which is 100 ums with the grade boundaries then. Funny how i got caught out on questions i advised people on this forum to watch out for :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickesh)
    what is cardiac output mean ?
    What does*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubilee~)
    'loss of cl ions from the epethelial cells raises their water potential, while increase of chloride ions in the lumen of the intestine lowers its water potential. Water flows from the cells into the lumen. Loss of ions from the epethelial causes ions to move by diffusion into the epethelial cells from surrounding BLOOD. This causes water to move by osmosis from the blood into the intestine'

so what i meant is that water first moves from epethelial into the lumen, then from blood into the epethelial if that makes sense...
    So what i said was right?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get the other times ? Wow your applying for medicine ? Already applied or going to ?
    No I'm taking my first sitting. Asked if she was lol
    Doubt I will get in anyway. Haven't applied. Shall get my as results. If good then do UKCAT. If not then do something else not sure on. If UKCAT and AS are good (doubt it) then I shall apply. Got a ton of work experience and learnt from it so better be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sighrawr)
    What does*.
    yeah lol realised that after I sent it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramin Gorji)
    got 49/60 on the january 2010 paper which is 100 ums with the grade boundaries then. Funny how i got caught out on questions i advised people on this forum to watch out for :P
    Why you retaking, thats an A?

ReputationRep:

Yes and then epithelial into the lumen, and blood into the epithelial, and then epithelial into the lumen, and then blood into the epithelial. XD

ReputationRep:
    What does*.
    Tis not ye olde English exam. Tis a biology exam.

ReputationRep:

Yeah it does

ReputationRep:
    Yes and then epithelial into the lumen, and blood into the epithelial, and then epithelial into the lumen, and then blood into the epithelial. XD
    Lmaaaaao okay so i'm ok
    for a moment then i thought i'd learn the wrong thing :eek:
    was about to jump off the nearest building

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzy J)
    Carrier proteins for active transport and Channel proteins for faciliatated diffusion
    Carrier proteins are for facilicated diffusion too.

ReputationRep:
    Why when the second time you are exposed to a pathogen you respond more quickly to the pathogen

ReputationRep:

TB spreads from water air droplets and can survive for survival weeks even without the water. They occur when people sneeze talk our laugh and are are spread when people inhale these water droplets. They commonly occur in damp conditions such as poor housing and places were lots of people live together such as care homes.

The effects of tb are coughing tiredness loss of apetite and coughing of blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    Tis not ye olde English exam. Tis a biology exam.
    Hah I know, but it doesn't mean poor grammar is acceptable. Without English we would not be able to communicate in these bloody biology exams.

ReputationRep:
    Why's a buffer solution used for ultracentrifugation?

ReputationRep:
    Spread by droplet infection
    Englufed by phagocytes
    Contained in Tubercles
    If immunosuppresed, bacteria activates
    Damages alveoli
    Reduced SA
    Less efficent gas exchange?

ReputationRep:
    So what i said was right?
    yeah, you said "Cholera causes the chloride ion channels to open in the eptihelial cells of the small intestines. The chloride ions then move out of the cells into the lumen, lowering the water potenial of the lumen. Water therefore follows out of the blood into the lume from a high water potential to low, by osmosis"

so what i said was it'd be good if you said before the last sentence that water moves from epethelial into the lumen which IN turn causes water to move from the blood into the epethelial.

am i making any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Why's a buffer solution used for ultracentrifugation?
    maintain a constant pH

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.