Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!!! I REALY hate how the answer for the second kast question (TB) was NOTHING like the nelson thornes book. It misses out so much info, especcially for unit 2. I cant believe AQA endorse it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    What kind of questions would come up for digestion?
    I think they would ask specifically about the enzymes digesting. Like in the jan paper they would give you an equation to fill in. So an example would be:
    Sucrose + ____ --> ______ + ______
    Which is water, glucose and fructose.

Then they would ask stuff about why sucrase can't hydrolyse lactose? etc

I don't think they would ask you specifically to outline a specific part of the digestive system, rather just chemical digestion e.g. enzymes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Can anyone add to my explantation of Phagocytosis:

(from my textbook)
    1)Chemical products of the pathogen act as attractants, causing the phagocytes to move towards the pathogen
    2) Phagyocytes attach themselves to the surface of the pathogen
    3) They engulf it, forming a vesicle (phagosome)
    4) Lysosomes move towards it and fuse with it, hydrolysing the insoluble molecules to make it more soluble
    5) Soluble products from the break down of the pathogen are absorbed into the cytoplasm of the pathogen
    Surely thats enough for 5 marks. Also phagocytes move along a concentration gradient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    ARGH!!! I REALY hate how the answer for the second kast question (TB) was NOTHING like the nelson thornes book. It misses out so much info, especcially for unit 2. I cant believe AQA endorse it!
    I KNOW!
    THE NT book includes stuff about lymph nodes which i wrote in the exam and didn't get credited for!

ReputationRep:
    How much detail do we need for SEM/TEM/Light

ReputationRep:
    Not much got to know how to work out the magnification, define resolution and the advantages and disadvantages of each type of microscope.

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW!
    THE NT book includes stuff about lymph nodes which i wrote in the exam and didn't get credited for!
    Oh my gosh yes! The last part of Jan 2011 was ridiculous. I was doing it as practice and didn't even get half of the marks and normally the NT book is spot on!

ReputationRep:
    Just limitations/weaknesses. But light microscopes aren't even on the spec if you look - only TEM and SEM.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually know what Neutral means on a markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    I always wonder this..

ReputationRep:

(Original post by HaimishaParekh)
    I always wonder this..
    It means it doesn't gain marks, but it's not incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    Really curious as to what the 5 marker will be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Really? I thought it always meant half marks lmao! :P
    Thanks though.
    I'm panicking. Going through revision notes and forgetting something and therefore panicking. aaah.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it's pretty stupid putting it in as it is not negatively marked.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I thought it always meant half marks lmao! :P
    Thanks though.
    I'm panicking. Going through revision notes and forgetting something and therefore panicking. aaah.
    Nope. I think it's just incase the examiner reads it and because it's not on the mark scheme, they assume it's wrong, where as it's not - just not worthy of a mark. So you can link a neutral comment to a correct answer and it be right, or link it to a wrong answer and it'll still be wrong... it's hard to explain, haha my teacher explained it one time.

Im on to immunology now. Arghh the fun begins :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Yeah but it's pretty stupid putting it in as it is not negatively marked.
    I know, it's correct but just not mark worthy. Another way for AQA to keep marks from us.

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's correct but just not mark worthy. Another way for AQA to keep marks from us.
    I bet when they create the paper they think, "how can we deceive these poor innocent students *Evil Laugh*". Anyways how is your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I think it's just incase the examiner reads it and because it's not on the mark scheme, they assume it's wrong, where as it's not - just not worthy of a mark. So you can link a neutral comment to a correct answer and it be right, or link it to a wrong answer and it'll still be wrong... it's hard to explain, haha my teacher explained it one time.

Im on to immunology now. Arghh the fun begins :/
    Aah! Thanks!
    All the stuff on osmosis, diffusion, active transport will come up but i'm wondering how? And in what context :L

I'm sat here freaking out over the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    I bet when they create the paper they think, "how can we deceive these poor innocent students *Evil Laugh*". Anyways how is your revision going?
    Haha yeah exactly

Ermm it's going okay. I feel quite prepared (after I've finished doing this immunology to death) , but I'll go into the exam and they'll always be some stupid question that was miles beyond the spec which no one can prepare for haha. You?

ReputationRep:
    Aah! Thanks!
    All the stuff on osmosis, diffusion, active transport will come up but i'm wondering how? And in what context :L

I'm sat here freaking out over the exam.
    They will probably link that stuff to cholera disease and absorbing molecules in the small intestine and other parts of the body.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.