Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    yh.....u all set for tomorrow?
    I would hope so. Need to go slowly or shall drop marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sighrawr)
    Pokemon o.O
    Could have a picture of diarrhoea with the caption, "Gotta catch them all" maybe include a fishing net?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    I would hope so. Need to go slowly or shall drop marks.
    same...im going to approach it in a very slow. systematic manner...to make sure everything is covered. my heart tells me the heart is coming up for the last 5 markers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the Diarrhoea talk :P

change in value/original value *100

change in value is new value- old value.
    I've just got a really bad headache and feel weak |:

yes

When are you all going to bed then?

ReputationRep:
    Explain what happens during your Humoral response. 5 marks

Explain what happens during your Cell mediated response. 5 Marks

Explain the structure of the cell membrane. 5 Marks

If anyone wants to answer these questions for practice, please quote me first as I am struggling. I have a strong feeling 1 of these might come

ReputationRep:
    same...im going to approach it in a very slow. systematic manner...to make sure everything is covered. my heart tells me the heart is coming up for the last 5 markers
    I feel lungs. I hate lungs. It's coming up.
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I've just got a really bad headache and feel weak |:

yes

When are you all going to bed then?
    Feel like answering in a radio presenter voice saying that I shall be revising "all through the night". But I shall probably go at 11.

ReputationRep:
    Could have a picture of diarrhoea with the caption, "Gotta catch them all" maybe include a fishing net?
    Nice, or a picture of a person's ass with the net underneath it, captioned ''gotta catch them all''
    What a refined, elegant conversation we're having here.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the cardiac cycle to me? :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Feeling quite ill \: , hope i'm feeling a bit better tommorrow!
    Also note people, they might ask you to calculate percentage increases and decreases! So learn how to do them. .
    omg almost forgot! thankssss

ReputationRep:
    Approach the exam slowly......... write slowly... don't rush it....do not close your paper when you've finished.......go over it 100 times if you need to, write carefully!
    YOU'LL ALL BE FINEEEEEEEEEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubilee~)
    omg almost forgot! thankssss
    Increase - difference between the two numbers / starting number
    Decrease - difference between to numbers / end number.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    Explain what happens during your Humoral response. 5 marks

Explain what happens during your Cell mediated response. 5 Marks

Explain the structure of the cell membrane. 5 Marks

If anyone wants to answer these questions for practice, please quote me first as I am struggling. I have a strong feeling 1 of these might come
    Humoural is the B-cells. They are stimulated by cytokines from the phagocytes and by T-helper cells. The B cells divide by into B plasma and B memory cells. The B plasma cells produce antibodies to bind to antigens. This means that the pathogen will clump together do cannot enter cells and will be injested by WBC.

Cell mediated is the T cells and phagoctyes. The phagocytse engulf the pathogen by surrounding it in it's cell membrance before injestingn it into the vascule. It is broken down by lysosomes into useful products and presents it's antigen on the WBC. Waste products are egested. T cells divide into T killer, T helper, T memory and T suppressors. The T killers destroy the cells in which a pathogen resides in. The suppressors make them stop when the cells are all destroyed. T helper stimulate the B memory and the T memory cells remember the shape of the antigens of the pathogen.

Cell membrance is a fluid mosaic bi-layer. It has scattered proteins and cholersterol so is scattered. It is fluid as the phospholipids constantly move. Bi layer as two layers. Thw phospholipds consists of phosphate head, hydrophillic and the fatty acid tails, hydrophobic. If water gets to the fatty acid tails, the layer flips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sighrawr)
    Nice, or a picture of a person's ass with the net underneath it, captioned ''gotta catch them all''
    What a refined, elegant conversation we're having here.
    Yup ruining the innocence of the song I'm listening to that is sung by a teddy bear (who is a perve by who cares)

ReputationRep:
    so percentage DECREASE is it
    new value/ original value x100?

i have a feeling im wrong so correct me

ReputationRep:
    i feel lungs. I hate lungs. It's coming up.

Feel like answering in a radio presenter voice saying that i shall be revising "all through the night". But i shall probably go at 11.
    wt diseases? Hate tht as well

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: If i did a calculation and got 1.05643

In this exam, what would i round it to? 1.06? or 1.056 or 1.05

Silly question i know but just checking/panicing

ReputationRep:
    Probable 5 marker anyone? I think i'll kiss the invigilator's forward if it's on Atheroma.

ReputationRep:
    Humoural is the B-cells. They are stimulated by cytokines from the phagocytes and by T-helper cells. The B cells divide by into B plasma and B memory cells. The B plasma cells produce antibodies to bind to antigens. This means that the pathogen will clump together do cannot enter cells and will be injested by WBC.

Cell mediated is the T cells and phagoctyes. The phagocytse engulf the pathogen by surrounding it in it's cell membrance before injestingn it into the vascule. It is broken down by lysosomes into useful products and presents it's antigen on the WBC. Waste products are egested. T cells divide into T killer, T helper, T memory and T suppressors. The T killers destroy the cells in which a pathogen resides in. The suppressors make them stop when the cells are all destroyed. T helper stimulate the B memory and the T memory cells remember the shape of the antigens of the pathogen.

Cell membrance is a fluid mosaic bi-layer. It has scattered proteins and cholersterol so is scattered. It is fluid as the phospholipids constantly move. Bi layer as two layers. Thw phospholipds consists of phosphate head, hydrophillic and the fatty acid tails, hydrophobic. If water gets to the fatty acid tails, the layer flips.

thanks for the last answer, i would've started waffling on about nucleus, organelle etc.
    ALWAYS have a problem of going too fast and not reading properly :|

ReputationRep:
    wt diseases? Hate tht as well
    Astma, fibrosis, TB emphysema and probably more. Oh Lung Cancer.
    (Original post by Tericon)
    Quick question: If i did a calculation and got 1.05643

In this exam, what would i round it to? 1.06? or 1.056 or 1.05

Silly question i know but just checking/panicing
    1.06 but if the question requires more working out after use the 1.05643 in the calulator.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised answering all your questions will make the grade boundries increase making it harder for me
    Oh well I'm nice and there ain't many people here so shhh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.