Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadRunner)
    What did people put for the time atria ventricular valves were closed ?? And why ??
    Time when the pressure in the atrium is lower than that of the ventricle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadRunner)
    What did people put for the time atria ventricular valves were closed ?? And why ??
    0.1 and 0.5

Ventricles at a higher pressure than atria, so valvles close to prevent back flow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    0.1 and 0.5

ventricles at a higher pressure than atria, so valvles close to prevent back flow?
    yes i think i put that wooo hoooo buwa

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right, i think i over thought it and confused myself

ReputationRep:
    I did 0.2-0.3 as they were the time when ventricular pressure increased.

you're right though with 0.1-0.5

ReputationRep:
    I expect the UMS to be 45 for an A and 55ish for full UMS

ReputationRep:
    At the top it said " this is the time taken for one complete cycle"

and the cycle was 0.7s, so 86BPM

ReputationRep:
    what about for evaluating the vaccination?
    why was it good/bad?

ReputationRep:
    i said the time for the atreoventricular closing 4rm 0.1 to 0.2....i guess upto 0.5 is right....for the vaccination i said....depends on herd immunity, side effects, storage, trained staff and economically viable.

i dnt rememba wt i wrote for the beats per minute stuff....i rememba writin 60/0.7.....but nt the answer kmt -_- also for the last ques wrote quite a few points but not mitochondria and i said the glucose conc lower in lumen compared to blood (thts debatable)...the rest of it is fine. i reckon im losing 9 marks max...and im being really harsh.

hopefulli 100 ums will be near 50 sumfin

ReputationRep:
    I didnt write this but I think it is:

(Number of deaths from breast cancer/total population) x100000

ReputationRep:
    I put 0.0 - 0.5 fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karimshaheda)
    I didn't understand the simple questions, when you have to read off graphs..
    How did everyone work out the one where it was death rates amongst breast cancer people per 100000 or something?

The question was like: 'How did scientists calculate the rate of deaths or something...'.
    i said hospitals data, sample (representative) or from entire population if possible....btw what did people write for the control of ph....wrote buffer. a mate of mine said put a lid :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karimshaheda)
    I didn't understand the simple questions, when you have to read off graphs..
    How did everyone work out the one where it was death rates amongst breast cancer people per 100000 or something?

The question was like: 'How did scientists calculate the rate of deaths or something...'.
    Add together all the ages people died at, and divide by the total number (the mean.) Then equate it to per 100,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    i said hospitals data, sample (representative) or from entire population if possible....btw what did people write for the control of ph....wrote buffer. a mate of mine said put a lid :eek:
    Lol,lid? Yeah it's buffer

ReputationRep:
    Add together all the ages people died at, and divide by the total number (the mean.) Then equate it to per 100,000.
    I said they calculated a ratio...

ReputationRep:
    What about the "Can they say the fatty diet causes breast cancer deaths?" Or something like that...

ReputationRep:
    Lol,lid? Yeah it's buffer
    i guess a lid can work :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What about the "Can they say the fatty diet causes breast cancer deaths?" Or something like that...
    Correlation doesn't equate to causation, other factors could have cause breast cancer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    i guess a lid can work :rolleyes:
    Hahaa..

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa..
    how many do you reckon u got wrong....max?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.