Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    See that's what I thought, seeing as the question wasn't necessarily asking you to talk about the WBC attacking the heart muscle cells.
    I didnt even mention it attacking the heart muscle cells. xD Ohwell! Let hope i got some of it right anyway....

ReputationRep:
    what do people think about the grade boundaries for this exam
    i think 39-A
    35-B
    31-C
    27-D
    23-E

does anyone agree
    i completely messed up the question on the heart

did anyone turn to the back and do the last questions first thats what i did
    did anyone get 1.16 for the question on the rate one

ReputationRep:
    hi is there a thread for the edexcel exam today biology? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahaff)
    i think 39-A
    35-B
    31-C
    27-D
    23-E
    I'd agree with that. We will have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    hi is there a thread for the edexcel exam today biology? thanks
    Edexcel Biology...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme
    thanks
    I guarantee there will probably be one released tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    i hate end questions i always have a habit of losing lots, last time i lost all 5 marks, this time i lost about 3 which i suppose is ok lol

bio 1 memory and lots of memory

bio 2 abit of memory but mostly applying

bio 3 abit of both lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    Someone make a thread on AQA Bio 2 , I'm hyped up about that now...
    There is a thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1593252

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    i hate end questions i always have a habit of losing lots, last time i lost all 5 marks, this time i lost about 3 which i suppose is ok lol

bio 1 memory and lots of memory

bio 2 abit of memory but mostly applying

bio 3 abit of both lol
    Ah, I flopped the ISA getting 34/50. Will probably retake that. Unit 2 is the big one.

ReputationRep:
    "between which two times did the valve between the atrium and the ventricle shut"

meaning "between which two times was the valve shut"
    or "when did the physical action of the valve shutting occur"

Poorly worded question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Ah, I flopped the ISA getting 34/50. Will probably retake that. Unit 2 is the big one.
    im retaking so i thought i got A in bio 1 and 3 but u never know so i have no clue about my results lol

bio 2 i got D last time, i dont kno wat to do wid it!

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the calculations?

and just wanna say I predicted the last question! so for those of you who read it, I hope you revised how the epithelial cells are adapted for gas exchange! ;D

ReputationRep:
    i think 39-A
    35-B
    31-C
    27-D
    23-E

does anyone agree
    i completely messed up the question on the heart

did anyone turn to the back and do the last questions first thats what i did
    did anyone get 1.16 for the question on the rate one
    What was it out of for 39 to be an A?

Any other questions people can remember. For
    the bpm i got 85.7 but wrote 85 due to the fact of having .7 of a heartbeat. Think i got that wrong

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

Also, what did you put for "Describe what point A is"

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone take the edexcel unit 1 biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benevolence)
    Hey guys

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

Also, what did you put for "Describe what point A is"

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?
    When it said 'point A' i took it to mean the dot underneath it, so i just describe what the dot showed us e.g a diet of ___ % in fat led to ____ deaths per 10000

ReputationRep:
    Im not retaking it but the people sitting it are still in the exam i.e the rest of my classmates. i will get the reaction on my fb news feed :lol:

ReputationRep:
    no, people on this thread clearly study AQA biology

ReputationRep:
    I know. Edexecl people... get it. It just spams up our superior AQAian conversations.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.