Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    Best paper i could have asked for really. Obviously lost marks maybe on some questions were they are very strict on wording like the one markers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i3kel)
    you had to include 0 as one, so really you divided by 0.8, the answer was 75, they would never give it to you as a decimal for beats per minute
    I love how every one's debating between 85.7 and 100 and then you say 75 . Yours actually makes a lot of sense, saying as the answer on everymark scheme so far for calculating heart rate has been 75...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Judging by past exam papers the amount you need for an A ranges between 37/60 to 40/60. But then after that the grade boundaries are really small like there is 5 marks difference between grade A + B.
    the paper i sat last year it was 45/60 which was the highest its been (june 10)

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the PersonA expelling air question 1.17 or 1.4 I got 1.17 but if it is wrong I think I got a mark for working out.

ReputationRep:
    ok people it was 1.4....you had to do 6.5-2.3=4.2

so.. It was between 0-3 seconds

4.2 divided by 3 = 1.4 !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i3kel)
    the paper i sat last year it was 45/60 which was the highest its been (june 10)
    AQA website has only got the GCSE grade boundries for March2010.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grades_archive.php#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontflinch)

agree 100%

ReputationRep:
    ah. I added them up, urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .

ReputationRep:
    1.4 End Of :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    **** you got the same as my friend who is a really good mathematician so you are probably correct, oh well 2 marks. You can't win them all can yah.

ReputationRep:
    AQA website has only got the GCSE grade boundries for March2010.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grades_archive.php#
    Lol, I just went on the UMS calculator and saw which was the lowest mark to give 80UMS.

ReputationRep:

I agree also. So can we stop talking about this question, and reach a conclusion about the heart rate one :P :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemal93)
    I counted up the marks that I think were 100% right, being really harsh and I got 42. Really hope that's an A.
    I'm guessing the grade boundary will be lower this year. Some really random HSW questions were in that paper today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Lol, I just went on the UMS calculator and saw which was the lowest mark to give 80UMS.
    What is a UMS calculator could you give me a link. Could you just explain to me how this UMS works, it's so friggin confusing. I bet AQA to this stupid UMS and awkward marking thing so people don't realize when they make mistakes.

I'm on to you AQA. I'm watching you...

ReputationRep:
    Damn that was a hard paper. I didnt even get time to finish half of it!! did anyone else have this problem!!

I was so annoyed about the last question. Genetic Engineering is a unit 2 topic, why was it in a unit 1 paper!! My Biology teacher said that our school is going to complain to the exam board about that question. Probably got like a D in this paper. Also was the answer to the very first question hydrolysis??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoopyj)
    Damn that was a hard paper. I didnt even get time to finish half of it!! did anyone else have this problem!!

I was so annoyed about the last question. Genetic Engineering is a unit 2 topic, why was it in a unit 1 paper!! My Biology teacher said that our school is going to complain to the exam board about that question. Probably got like a D in this paper. Also was the answer to the very first question hydrolysis??
    yes hydrolysis

ReputationRep:

??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    I'm guessing the grade boundary will be lower this year. Some really random HSW questions were in that paper today.
    I know. I hate HSW questions. I'm doing a biology exam not how science works, I expect to be asked questions about biology not how to control variables and give out placaebos and making a fair experiment.

ReputationRep:

i wrote -1.4 would i still get a mark

ReputationRep:

There was no genetic engineering on the paper?

And yeah that was the answer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.