Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    all monosacharrides are reducing sugars
    so glucose.. galactose.
    no, not the one that asks you for the monosaccharide, the question at the top of the second page of the exam !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    guys so for the very last Q, what wuld i get out of 6 for saying microvilli large sa, diffusion pathway short and blood capillaries maintna conc grad?
    Probably about 4 I think it was not talking about the blood just the epithelial cells and how the epithelial cell is divided, so you wont get marks for stating the last two things, but you would get one mark for stating a way it is adapted and a second for explaining it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    GUYS ! what did you put for the first question, the part where it asks you about the high concentrations of reducing sugars or something
    There would be more monosaccharides which give a positive result when tested with the biuret solution
    so therefore a higher concentration of of reducing suger is present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz2coolz)
    yeah the answer to the 1st question was hydrolysis...but i know! i was thinking that! genetic engineering, i hadn't revised for properly yet i didnt even get time to answer everything, so i missed it out...there's 9 marks straight down the drain for me
    i just did this paper, what genetic engineering question are you talking about?? i dont remember answering one of those and i answered all questions

ReputationRep:
    i hope someone post up the mark scheme today because am really anxious to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Did you do AQA?

I'm confused.
    yes... AQA bio unit 1, 16th may, 9.00. is this what u did? There was a genetic engineering question just after the phagocyte question. my friend said he completelty missed that question. Hopefully that didnt happen to u we probably did different tests. Lol im confused

ReputationRep:
    Did you do AQA?

I'm confused.
    was AQA GCE Biology Unit 1, the very last question with 9 marks in it spread between a), b) and c)...3 marks, then 2 marks, then 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontflinch)
    There would be more monosaccharides which give a positive result when tested with the biuret solution
    Biuret is proteins O.o

ReputationRep:
    i put such a stupid answer, because water is present because it is a hydrolysis, thats why the concentration changes , dam 1 mark lost there

ReputationRep:
    will the 6mark answer have a broad markscheme,as the whole question was VERYYYY vague =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoopyj)
    yes... AQA bio unit 1, 16th may, 9.00. is this what u did? There was a genetic engineering question just after the phagocyte question. my friend said he completelty missed that question. Hopefully that didnt happen to u we probably did different tests. Lol im confused
    The question after the pagoctye one was on the epithelial cells and absorption of glucose...that's what everyone has been stressing about on here.

ReputationRep:
    biuret solution tests for proteins do you mean benedicts reagent?

ReputationRep:
    It said that lactose was also a reducing sugar that gave a positive result with benedicts: Hydrolysis of lactose = 2x the number of reducing sugars as glucose and galactose are also reducing sugars, thus greater concentration...

ReputationRep:
    Did you do AQA?

I'm confused.
    Im also confused on this. No genetic engineering on this paper.. unless we got the wrong paper :eek:

PARANOID NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    will the 6mark answer have a broad markscheme,as the whole question was VERYYYY vague =(
    Yeah the last question usually has a lot of points you can put for the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Yeah one mark is probably for working as I think it said show working, the other mark was for the answer I presume.
    I mean what if the working is completely wrong, please say the principle gets you 1 mark, as in previous, the principle of the Image=actual*magnification got you the mark.

ReputationRep:
    was AQA GCE Biology Unit 1, the very last question with 9 marks in it spread between a), b) and c)...3 marks, then 2 marks, then 4 marks
    Okay I think we may have done different exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    Biuret is proteins O.o
    copper sulphate...my bad lol :P

ReputationRep:
    ok so i wasnt imagining it.. lol what did u put for this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Yeah the last question usually has a lot of points you can put for the answer.
    I didnt mention Sodium-potassium transport or carrier proteins!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.