Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, what grade do you think 46 out of 60 would translate to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Err why did the ventricle have more max pressure then atria? Was it due to having more muscle and pumping to the rest of the body (systemic circulation)

How was the ctrl grp treated?

...And what was the answer for the breast cancer conclusion question?
    Yeah I put thicker, more muscular wall, so a stronger contraction, as atria only have to pump blood to ventricles, but ventricle all the way around the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    No because that is not speed up diffusion. I don't remember reading anything saying that there is maltase enzyme present on the brush boarder so I don't think.
    There are membran bound enzymes on the brush border which could speed up absorption as they make sure all substances are small. It could count :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Err why did the ventricle have more max pressure then atria? Was it due to having more muscle and pumping to the rest of the body (systemic circulation)

Ventricles pump blood to all extremes of body, e.g. tissues, whereas atrium only pump it to ventricles

placebo drug, everything else the same

and !??!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Was it "Biology and Disease" ?
    you guys are getting confused with human biology which is a different specification to the normal 'Biology' that this thread was started for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Wel i didnt talk about mitochondria as I totally forgot about it, or carrier proteins.
    I just wrote about villi, large surface area = more diffusion/ more absorption. thin walls = quicker diff.??! Also the NT says it is well supplied with blood vessels so can carry away absorbed molecules, will i get atleast 3? \:
    What's NT? And I think you will get 3/4.
    1 mark for stating microvilli/villi
    1 mark for linking microvilli/villi to large S.A and increasing diffusion/absorbtion
    1 mark for one cell thick but if you wrote thin walls you MIGHT not get it as you were to vague and one cell thick will probably be a key word
    1 mark for linking the one cell thick to quicker diffusion

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1: Biology and Disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz2coolz)
    Biology GCE unit 1, sat on the 16th May 2011, at 9:00am GMT...there was defo a question about genetic engineering on my paper :s it's kinda bugging me now, because no one knows the answer

ahhhh damn!! yeah genetic bottlenecks might be right :s i didnt even think about that! you won't get a U, it was only 9 marks missed out dw
    Did your paper say BIOL1 on the front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontflinch)
    hey guys, what grade do you think 46 out of 60 would translate to?
    Probably an A considering this paper was an arse ache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    sameeee, i mentioned water reducing the concentration, but judging by what these guys are saying, its wrong !! im so angry !!!
    They could make it a right answer because. They have standardisation meetings for each paper and they argue about answers and stuff so hopefully we'll get the mark!

ReputationRep:

Control group - a tablet not containing drug or anything that would affect stomach acidity (1 mark) and everything else is treated exactly the same (1 mark). I'm guessing those will be the marks, they have been in previous years.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put thicker, more muscular wall, so a stronger contraction, as atria only have to pump blood to ventricles, but ventricle all the way around the body.
    supersweet, thats pretty much exactly what i put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    There are membran bound enzymes on the brush border which could speed up absorption as they make sure all substances are small. It could count :dontknow:
    Yeah, it could. AQA are notorious for having awkward mark scheme answers so all we can do is wait...

ReputationRep:
    Did it say AQA on the front is the question. There was no genetic engineering question in there. I'm doing genetic engineering now in Biology UNIT 5 (resat bio1 to bump up my mark)

ReputationRep:
    it's just biology...aqa..

(Original post by James A)
    you guys are getting confused with human biology which is a different specification to the normal 'Biology' that this thread was started for.
    i dont do human biology

ReputationRep:
    its a benedict reagent not biuret

ReputationRep:
    lol these questions are getting annoying. Yeah it said BIOL1. but maybe our school just gave us a different paper. i really dont know. all i know is im going to be retaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    I put down 85.
    As did I, you cant consider 0.7 as a whole heart beat. That like saying i have 3.7 children.

ReputationRep:

i dont do human biology
    My teacher even emailed me saying the test was okay, I'm sure she wouldn't have said that if GE was on there. We've done different papers, end of.

ReputationRep:

i dont do human biology
    I would have a word with your exam officer, you might have done the wrong paper what was the first question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.