Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    Did it say AQA on the front is the question. There was no genetic engineering question in there. I'm doing genetic engineering now in Biology UNIT 5 (resat bio1 to bump up my mark)
    it's definitely AQA BIOL1...and it's genetic diversity, SnoopyJ said genetic engineering, making me automatically say it. I apologise

ReputationRep:
    Lower than 45 for an A - I REALLY DO HOPE SO :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Lol, I don't think it would be possible for the majority of this people to miss out the same question. Plus, genetic engineering isn't in BIOL1 or 2.
    Just ignore them. Obviously trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz2coolz)
    it's just biology...aqa..

i dont do human biology

i dont mean you, i meant the other guys who had different questions to us ( the ones that dont know the difference between human biology and normal biology ) sorry if i confused you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Ventricles pump blood to all extremes of body, e.g. tissues, whereas atrium only pump it to ventricles

placebo drug, everything else the same

and !??!?!?!
    Got the same answer mate. Word for word, on both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    sameeee, i mentioned water reducing the concentration, but judging by what these guys are saying, its wrong !! im so angry !!!
    Ohh i put that then crossed it out and out something about how there are 2 reducing sugars in the products and only one in the reactant so concentration is higher. Probs wrong as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemar)
    its a benedict reagent not biuret
    correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Control group - a tablet not containing drug or anything that would affect stomach acidity (1 mark) and everything else is treated exactly the same (1 mark). I'm guessing those will be the marks, they have been in previous years.
    I think you'd get the first mark only if you said placebo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    As did I, you cant consider 0.7 as a whole heart beat. That like saying i have 3.7 children.
    0.7 was not a whole a heart beat it was the time taken for one whole heart beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    What's NT? And I think you will get 3/4.
    1 mark for stating microvilli/villi
    1 mark for linking microvilli/villi to large S.A and increasing diffusion/absorbtion
    1 mark for one cell thick but if you wrote thin walls you MIGHT not get it as you were to vague and one cell thick will probably be a key word
    1 mark for linking the one cell thick to quicker diffusion
    Nelson thornas.
    And tbh, nobody in my sixthform wrote about mitochondria as they kinda forgot, VAGUE AQA.
    urgfhgfhfghfghfghfg. :'(

ReputationRep:
    The first question of AQA Biology Unit 1, was on lactose, and its hydrolysis into glucose + galactose and about competetive inhibitors etc. If this was not your first question you have obviously done a different paper to the majority.

ReputationRep:
    On some of the markschemes you couldn't just say placebo, you had to link it to this experiment - e.g. a tablet without the drug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    I think you'd get the first mark only if you said placebo.
    No on some mark schemes if you write placebo it is too vague.

ReputationRep:
    As did I, you cant consider 0.7 as a whole heart beat. That like saying i have 3.7 children.
    Exactly what I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    Just ignore them. Obviously trolling.
    umm ok rude much? i dont really care if u believe me to be honest... like i havnt got anything better to do than troll..

ReputationRep:
    No on some mark schemes if you write placebo it is too vague.
    Yes, and on some it does say give placebo. Because they were talking about a stomach acid reducing drug you would say placebo which is a dummy drug.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping an A's about 20/60. I can always dream.

ReputationRep:
    I would have a word with your exam officer, you might have done the wrong paper what was the first question?
    hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?

ReputationRep:
    Did you write about carriers in the last question? I didn't and feel sooooo pissed off about it, also got the calculation wrong.. fml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz2coolz)
    hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?
    just stfu you're obviously trolling. We cba with freaks like you now moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.