Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Nelson thornas.
    And tbh, nobody in my sixthform wrote about mitochondria as they kinda forgot, VAGUE AQA.
    urgfhgfhfghfghfghfg. :'(
    You need CGP it is a god send. I swear I wouldn't know what to do without them. I think I was the only one that wrote about mitochondria out of the people I've asked in my sixth form. Oh well nothing we can do about it now just need to relax, it's harder to relax than do the actual paper. I'm still shaking a little because of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz2coolz)
    hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?
    Someone ban this douche.

ReputationRep:
    Did you write about carriers in the last question? I didn't and feel sooooo pissed off about it, also got the calculation wrong.. fml.
    same here completely forgot about carriers. wrote about villi and its adaptations. thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoopyj)
    umm ok rude much? i dont really care if u believe me to be honest... like i havnt got anything better to do than troll..
    Okay the biology Unit 1 Biology and Disease spec is here: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2410-W-SP.PDF

It has NO genetic engineering on it.

So you have either done the wrong paper, or are not doing the above syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Yes, and on some it does say give placebo. Because they were talking about a stomach acid reducing drug you would say placebo which is a dummy drug.
    It's AQA you can never trust them...

ReputationRep:
    hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?
    You done the same paper. You know the first questions. Yes. But you did not do genetic engineering. Now stop making stuff up and troll something else like H&R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoopyj)
    same here completely forgot about carriers. wrote about villi and its adaptations. thats all
    did you use the NT book for revision? I hope i get atleast 3-4 for talking about Villi? well.. we can dream right? :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    You done the same paper. You know the first questions. Yes. But you did not do genetic engineering. Now stop making stuff up and troll something else like H&R.
    Wow. people are rude on here

ReputationRep:
    just stfu you're obviously trolling. We cba with freaks like you now moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    do you mind scraping out? i came on here to find out the answer to the last question and now apparantly i've been given the wrong paper, even though a few others have got the exact same problem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    It's AQA you can never trust them...
    Pfft you can't trust any exam board, they are always looking to cut corners to maximise profits the *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    No on some mark schemes if you write placebo it is too vague.
    You can get a mark for Placebo, but only if you link it to the context.

ReputationRep:
    do you mind scraping out? i came on here to find out the answer to the last question and now apparantly i've been given the wrong paper, even though a few others have got the exact same problem...
    Few others? erm, more like you creating a double account. we seriously cba with your frigging crap now move and gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yash121)
    You can get a mark for Placebo, but only if you link it to the context.
    No surprisingly I've seen just placebo being given, it makes no sense linking the word placebo to the context as it is a self-explanatory term.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Exactly what I thought.

yeah but it is an average number bpm, for EXAMPLE if the answer was 1.7 beats per second, you would look at me strangely, however if i told you give me the answer in beats per 10 seconds, what would you say ?? 17 beats. get my point ?

my example is stupid, but i hope u get the point, it's an average !

ReputationRep:
    could not have put it better myself. HOw the hell are we meant to know that u got a different paper..

ReputationRep:
    Pfft you can't trust any exam board, they are always looking to cut corners to maximise profits the *******s.
    Tell me about it they don't even mark the papers properly and then make you pay for a remark what the hell?!?!

ReputationRep:
    LOL funny how both snoopyj and Haz2coolz did the same thing in the May 2010 BIOL1 thread. I smell a troll.

ReputationRep:
    really wish someone would post the markscheme. Its driving me mad.

ReputationRep:
    Actually AQA are a non-profit organisation.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by oHellno)
    LOL funny how both snoopyj and Haz2coolz did the same thing in the May 2010 BIOL1 thread. I smell a troll.
    +1 rep for spotting that !!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.