The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by ??????????????????
What was the best pH? I put 9 because it had the smallest diameter so had the most removed (question said that protease removed it) so was the most effective.

No its the one with the largest diameter as the protein in the agar is being broken down by the enzyme protease!
Original post by Liron Ingleby
oh ok so i basically wrote that, what was the wording of the last question?

cos i didnt seep adapted i jut read how is glucose absorbed into the blood so i basically explained the whole process about co trasnport atp conc gradients na/k pump, faciltated diffusion all that, i didnt even right about microvilli ?:s

I think it said adapted I'm 80% sure.

Could somebody clarify this?

What was the best pH? I put 9 because it had the smallest diameter so had the most removed (question said that protease removed it) so was the most effective.

I put the one with the largest diameter, was it not protease in the little circles, and the diameter around them how much of the plate thingy the protease digested?
Original post by EffKayy
That wasn't a question was it? I thought it was about optimum?

The question was about describing the trend I think. Said as pH increased rate increased.
Reply 1504
Original post by kingsmod1
thats probz fine, but it asked how epithelial cells are ADAPTED to lining intestine, now if u went to the book it has the exact rasons like many microvilli to increase sa

Yes I talked about surface area too
I also said that the thickness of exchange surface was very thin. Not sure it that is correct though..
Original post by swiftylol
I put the one with the largest diameter, was it not protease in the little circles, and the diameter around them how much of the plate thingy the protease digested?

I remember adapted aswell.
Original post by swiftylol

Oh that makes sense.
Reply 1507
The question was about describing the trend I think. Said as pH increased rate increased.

I also put this.. It seemed too simple!
the question was about describing the trend i think. Said as ph increased rate increased.

wait!!!!!! Omg the question asked for the optimum ph, i didn't read that? I just described the trend?
Original post by HollyL
I also said that the thickness of exchange surface was very thin. Not sure it that is correct though..

I said that too! :biggrin:
the book says stuff about increase surface area for diff, thin wall, move maintain diffusion gradient, supplied with blood vessels. I wrote all of that and some about the muscles, nothing about anything else e.g. transport :frown: How many marks wil i get
Original post by HollyL

I WROTE THAT! :smile: thin so faster diffusion/absorption? :s-smilie:
Original post by HollyL

i thought the rate decreased with increased ph cos the circles got smaller
Original post by HollyL

Yeah but heard of Occam razor?
Same here
Reply 1515
What did people write for the question involving Phagocytosis and how it destroyed bacteria?
Reply 1516
Yeah but heard of Occam razor?

Yepp
Lets hope then!
Reply 1517
Original post by superstressed
i thought the rate decreased with increased ph cos the circles got smaller

What was the question again?

Original post by Baha
What did people write for the question involving Phagocytosis and how it destroyed bacteria?

Phagocytes engulf pathogen and enclose them in a phagosome
Lysosomes in the phagosite release hydrolytic enzymes
Which digest, break down the pathogen
This is a non specific respose.
Original post by HollyL
Yepp
Lets hope then!

But the simplest answer was the bigger one. So I don't wanna D:

Saw it on Scrubs :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending