Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    That stuff is right too, you just also had to mention diffusion pathway to blood, microvilli too etc. You will get a few of the marks for talking about what you did though.
    i hopse so i fee like an idiot now for now reading it cos microvilli and all that is so obvious but i mis read the questions literally said nothing about it. literlayy just talked aobut the diagram on page 64 of the NT text book, not 63. if i dont lose 6 marks ill be lucky!

i NEED a good UMS on it and i dont think i will. I need to see an unofficial mark shcme with the number of marks next to each question?:confused::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa65)
    thats exactly what i put... it seemed logical at the time but everyone seems to be saying otherwise... ohwellll
    me too, 0.1-0.5 was that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialApple)
    2 or 3 I'd say. Probably 3. (Sorry to butt in hehe)
    was the other mark about lysosomes?

ReputationRep:
    guys calm down about the last 6 marker!
    do you remember that past paper question about the adaption of the alveoli?
    half the marks were awarded for saying 'diffusion is more rapid' 'so it's more effecient' etc.

CALM DOWN EVERYONE IM SURE YOU ALL DID FINE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa65)
    thats exactly what i put... it seemed logical at the time but everyone seems to be saying otherwise... ohwellll

I put from the when the ventricular pressure was higher and i said about backflow and stuff i though it seemed obvious.

ReputationRep:
    i mite have said villi instead of microvilli woops lol
    i sed lots of large blood vessels connected to "it" mainitans conc grad
    forget mitcochondra lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liron Ingleby)
    I put from the when the ventricular pressure was higher and i said about backflow and stuff i though it seemed obvious.
    i think everyone put diff values for the time thing, but im sure the markscheme will be lenient and allow anywhere where the ventricle pressure is higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoaaK)
    guys calm down about the last 6 marker!
    do you remember that past paper question about the adaption of the alveoli?
    half the marks were awarded for saying 'diffusion is more rapid' 'so it's more effecient' etc.

CALM DOWN EVERYONE IM SURE YOU ALL DID FINE.

lmao reading the "calm down" bit made me laugh, we're all so panicy and sweaty about it! hahaah :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymaymo)
    im really not sure i hope not cos thats what i put! i just assumed that the atrioventricular valves are closed when the pressure in the ventricles is higher than that in the atria... ohwell no point dwelling over it now lol

ReputationRep:
    i put reduced o2 to haert do i have to say heart msucle

any1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymaymo)
    I think that's right - it was when the ventrile pressure was higher than the atria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)

any1?
    think you had to say heart muscle.

ReputationRep:

any1?
    For the atheroma? You'll probably get away with it, but you have to say normally it's the coronary artery that gets blocked leading to less 02 to the cardiac muscle/heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    I think that's right - it was when the ventrile pressure was higher than the atria.
    is that what you put? im quite paranoid as i remember ticking the boxes where ventricle pressure was higher yet i got diff numbers to this? |:

ReputationRep:
    when will an unofficial mark scheme be put up and who writes it?
    Im praying right now.

ReputationRep:
    I see some issues on the ph one...

I remember the question as being "describe" so I mentioned the trend of increasing size of circles and also stated that ph 6 was the one with the most activity (it was 2 - 3 marks I think, it's a typical detailed description of experiment question).

I'm pretty sure that it didn't ask you to just state the optimum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    is that what you put? im quite paranoid as i remember ticking the boxes where ventricle pressure was higher yet i got diff numbers to this? |:
    Yeah I think it was 0.1 and 0.5, and of course the intermediate values the valves were open too - but it said what period were they open for, so I put the first and last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    I see some issues on the ph one...

I remember the question as being "describe" so I mentioned the trend of increasing size of circles and also stated that ph 6 was the one with the most activity (it was 2 - 3 marks I think, it's a typical detailed description of experiment question).
    I think I put as the PH increases up from 6, the rate of reaction decreases, this is seen because the agar circles are small so less protein has been hydrolyed. I can't remember if it was proteins, but something like that.

ReputationRep:

any1?
    some of the practice papers I did wanted heart muscles and others were fine with just heart, but I put heart muscle to be on the safe side, you might get lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Yeah I think it was 0.1 and 0.5, and of course the intermediate values the valves were open too - but it said what period were they open for, so I put the first and last.
    \: do you think they'll be lenient with this? |:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.