The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Limitless
How are you feeling about unit 2?

Limitlesssssssssssssssss, help me stop dwelling on this exam! lmao! I want the grade boundaries to be like 43 |: doubt it though.
Original post by EffKayy
Limitlesssssssssssssssss, help me stop dwelling on this exam! lmao! I want the grade boundaries to be like 43 |: doubt it though.

*Straps bullets to his chest*
*Get AK47 read*
I'm going to have a little talk with the head AQA examiner...
:cool:
*Straps bullets to his chest*
*Get AK47 read*
I'm going to have a little talk with the head AQA examiner...
:cool:

LOL that made me laugh. You've done well though :smile: I haven't! :frown:
Original post by EffKayy

I don't know if I've done well. Neither do you. Stop putting yourself down. Just relax. Start revising for unit 2 that is worth more.
Original post by EffKayy
was the other mark about lysosomes?

Yes I think so :smile:
how did everyone do on the isa? and which one did you do?
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy

You will be fine! Just relax and take deep breaths (what I did during the exam LOL).

Then go prepare for unit 2
Original post by xkate1019x

Apple Juice, 43

35. My higher mark was in the daisy/leaf size ISA. what about you? What was the ISA out of?
Reply 1609

we did the lactose and chymosin one, our teacher told us not to bother plotting rate so we've all dropped marks because of her :/
Reply 1610
35. My higher mark was in the daisy/leaf size ISA. what about you? What was the ISA out of?

you already have the results of your ISA? our teacher said that we had to wait for them along with the summer results...

i did the leaf one too, got 36, don't know what the grade boundaries are though :/ & its out of 50
i did the empa and probably got a U
Original post by swiftylol
Apple Juice, 43

wow thats really good :smile:
i did the apple juice one and got like 26, so did the leaf one and i got 36. thank god i improved haha!
Original post by maymaymo
you already have the results of your ISA? our teacher said that we had to wait for them along with the summer results...

Your teacher marks them. Some teachers give them back some don't depends on your teacher really. Your teacher is probably just mean.

i did the leaf one too, got 36, don't know what the grade boundaries are though :/ & its out of 50

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with it if I'm being honest I find the whole how science works annoying.
Original post by maymaymo

we were given the marks but not grade, they have been sent off now i think to be moderated, hope the grade boundaries are low!
Reply 1616
oops I did the EMPA not the ISA :P

wow thats really good :smile:
i did the apple juice one and got like 26, so did the leaf one and i got 36. thank god i improved haha!

Yeah its weird really, the whole of my class aparently failed the apple juice one (besides me) and had to do the leaf one. Our teacher said they all improved.
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
i did the empa and probably got a U

Think positive, as mentioned before you dont know how you did! Could be better than you thought. :smile:
Reply 1619
How are you feeling about unit 2?

Hmm.. okay I guess. Once I've gone through it all again and all the past papers I should be prepared. The questions I dread are the mitosis/meiosis ones which require a calculation...

You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending