Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    first 1 i didnt mention but many mitochondra for atp
    short diffusion distance
    large sa
    blood vessels manitiang conc gradeiennt
    other stuff lol

maybe carrier protiens
    I really do hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liron Ingleby)
    **** that means ive lost 6 marks completely straight there becuase i didnt realise it said adapted so didnt talk about any of that stuff at all. OMFG
    I NEED AN A IN IT!
    calm down dude we both might be right, id be happy if i got 3/6 on tht 1 to be honest

ReputationRep:
    **** that means ive lost 6 marks completely straight there becuase i didnt realise it said adapted so didnt talk about any of that stuff at all. OMFG
    I NEED AN A IN IT!
    Don't worry you still got extra, and clearing and...

Well i guess you're screwed.

Just joking, I'm probably more screwed considering I haven't revised a single minute for any of my exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)

Just joking, I'm probably more screwed considering I haven't revised a single minute for any of my exams.
    lol thts a gd way to put it
    jus do lots of practice papers
    dont hve to work all day and make stupid notes lol

ReputationRep:
    Kingsmod is this a resit for you? if so what did you get last time

ReputationRep:
    yes it is, i got low C last time so not good.

and dont worry bout last Q im sure every1 will share the spoils lol

ReputationRep:
    yes it is, i got low C last time so not good.

and dont worry bout last Q im sure every1 will share the spoils lol
    im hoping the 6marker will bring the boundaries a bit down due to the fact that it was vagueeeeee.

ReputationRep:

ahaha ok i dont get your comment.

yeh but if ive lost six marks there and another 10 somewhere else in the paper thts 16 marks. 44/60 has to be an A right?

ReputationRep:
    ahaha ok i dont get your comment.

yeh but if ive lost six marks there and another 10 somewhere else in the paper thts 16 marks. 44/60 has to be an A right?
    AQA likes to mark me down, so I wouldn't be to sure on that.

Often when I'm confident I did well, I do bad and where I think I screwed up I do surprisingly well.

I was confident

ReputationRep:
    How much does it cost to get the papers back, once they have been marked and results are out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    im hoping the 6marker will bring the boundaries a bit down due to the fact that it was vagueeeeee.
    DITTO. I need an A

I think it'll be :

39 A
    35 B
    31 C
    28 D
    25 E

but it is written by the same examiner Jan 11 and an A was 41 in Jan this year.

ReputationRep:
    DITTO. I need an A

I think it'll be :

39 A
    35 B
    31 C
    28 D
    25 E

but it is written by the same examiner Jan 11 and an A was 41 in Jan this year.
    I hope so
    can i just clarify for the antigen question, its a protein which causes a stimulation in production of antibodies/causes an immune response, then for the second part i wrote - similar antigens, complementary blabla? what was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    AQA likes to mark me down, so I wouldn't be to sure on that.

Often when I'm confident I did well, I do bad and where I think I screwed up I do surprisingly well.

I was confident
    This is true. For my gcse science exams, i would come out thinking ive dropped 3marks MAX, but drop like loads, then the year after that i had a science exam and thought i did AWFUL but got full ums.

You just never know what to expect eyy

ReputationRep:
    I hope so
    can i just clarify for the antigen question, its a protein which causes a stimulation in production of antibodies/causes an immune response, then for the second part i wrote - similar antigens, complementary blabla? what was the answer?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so

yeh yeh that all soudsn like what i wrote.

you know the lung question were the figures in the table volume in the lungs?

cos the heart one was pressure in the lungs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superstressed)
    I put work out the number of deaths due to cervical cancer using a representative sample of 100 000 people in each country.
    Wrong?
    Oh blast, howcome I never did anything like that? Maybe I shouldn't have moved from the wonders of my old school! Ever get the feeling when you think you might know someone on the forum but just can't be sure whether it's them? Anyhow, apologies for my mental bypass, must be some mitotic errors in my brain cells or a strange mutation which made me totally forget that this question was even on the paper...*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Yes.
    Thankyou.. i'm really paranoid. sorry.
    in total around 46-48, an A? |:

ReputationRep:
    yeh yeh that all soudsn like what i wrote.

you know the lung question were the figures in the table volume in the lungs?

cos the heart one was pressure in the lungs
    I really do hope so - i talked about volume \:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mention sodium potasium pump or carrier proteins

i swer it sed adaptations of epitalil cells in small intestine, i spoke about vili which it hink is differnt but i put like diffsuino conc gradient, large sA?

i swear epithelial cells is different from villi
    Epithelial cell have villi on them the villi have a substructure called microvilli on them to further increase S.A. Sodium potassium pump and carrier protein help with changing the concentration so that glucose can be absorbed.

Did you put short diffusion pathway as the epithelial cell is one cell thick?

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the person breathing out, what showed it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.