The Student Room Group

Do u need extra curricular activities on your UCAS Form to get into uni???

Hi,

I'm planning to study law and i don't have any extra curricular activities. Has anyone got into uni without any extra curricular activities??? Like joining a club

I'm only in my first year of sixth form.

So far for my Unit 1 exams i got 2 As and one C (ONLY 3 MARKS AWAY FROM A B) In my fourth AS there's only june exams.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you do, whether it be in sixth form or outside. Such as sports, a job or other hobbies.
no so long as your intelligent and get good a-levels you'll be fine. However if your grades aren't so good then you deffo need EC activities to supplement them.
Reply 3
Generally it might help to give a more rounded view of who you are to the university.

Its completely up to you, grades are of course the top priority so if you feel doing an extra curricular activity would compromise your grades...
Reply 4
I know people who have gotten offers with no EC stuff :smile:
The grades weren't fabulous either...it's the way you sell yourself :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ********
Hi,

I'm planning to study law and i don't have any extra curricular activities. Has anyone got into uni without any extra curricular activities??? Like joining a club

I'm only in my first year of sixth form.

So far for my Unit 1 exams i got 2 As and one C (ONLY 3 MARKS AWAY FROM A B) In my fourth AS there's only june exams.

I you want to do law I think you need work experience don't you?
you dont need them but it will help uni's to see the type of person you are and what you have offered to the community etc..
I got an offer from all of the uni's I applied to and i have next to no extra-curricular activites, although there importance would vary depending on the type of course you are doing and which uni your applying to.
Reply 8
I didn't have any at all really, got some good offers.
Reply 9
Work experience related to law might help you but otherwise extra curriculars don't matter that much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending