Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma~)
    I found a document on the AQA website somewhere with the marks required to obtain the different marks for each exam session. For Unit 2 in June last year 69% gave an A.
    The boundary was 54 raw marks not percentage. But that as a % is 64, the whole thing is really confusing :P We can't really predict it lets just hope on the 18th of August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)
    Do you mean full marks UMS? For this exams its 140 UMS for full UMS. I found this UMS conveter for the exams a few weeks ago, so i can tell you them for the past few papers:

June 2009- 67/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
    Jan 2010-64/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
    June 2010-73/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
    Jan 2011-64/85 converts to 140/140 UMS

I thinks its pretty good how we can drop 21 marks, and still get full UMS marks. I think it will probably be around 68-72 for this exam, but i'm just being pessimistic.
    Can anyone please explain this to me - I have no idea what all this UMS marks thing is about!?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairen886)
    The boundary was 54 raw marks not percentage. But that as a % is 64, the whole thing is really confusing :P We can't really predict it lets just hope on the 18th of August
    Is that when the results are out? I am new to all this, so although I know my biology and think the exam went well, I am clueless about result day, UMS or whatever they are called etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma~)
    Is that when the results are out? I am new to all this, so although I know my biology and think the exam went well, I am clueless about result day, UMS or whatever they are called etc etc.
    Yeah they were last years and they haven't dramatically changed in the years with this spec. On results day you go to school and get a piece of paper with the ums mark on, it may have the raw marks too but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done an unofficial markscheme thing so i can see all the questions together clearly?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialApple)
    Not necessarily, you'd be amazed at how hard clever people work.
    It's hard to do well in subjects like biology without memorising what's in the CGP book; subject teachers give us the knowledge but they don't tell us what you need to write to gain the marks, since AQA are so fussy about the language used, whereas the CGP books tell us exactly what needs to be written.

ReputationRep:
    its incredible how we can only drop 20 marks and still get full ums, what you aiming for ??

the paper was out of 85 and i reckon i dropped around 15 marks which is satisfying

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I managed to get the percentage increase as 122% ? Stupid thing is, I know how to do percentage increase, I must have just misread the graph.

what did anyone get for the question about methicillin (i think) and how some kinda enzyme inhibits something...was a little 2 marker...and I didn't even have a clue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    its incredible how we can only drop 20 marks and still get full ums, what you aiming for ??

the paper was out of 85 and i reckon i dropped around 15 marks which is satisfying
    Thats not that good though because you could loose 1 mark and get the same ums as people who loose quite a few more I want a high A because this is a re-take and it would be annoying to get worse second time around :P I had a quick count in the last 5 minutes and I think I got at least 50 right but I didn't manage to count all questions. I just made stupid mistakes which I got right in other papers which is really annoying :P What are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    Guys.........The Exam is Over............Lets move on.

ReputationRep:
    the paper was out of 85 and i reckon i dropped around 15 marks which is satisfying [/QUOTE]

Ha just read the rest of your post, and that is great What are you wanting to do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Thats not that good though because you could loose 1 mark and get the same ums as people who loose quite a few more I want a high A because this is a re-take and it would be annoying to get worse second time around :P I had a quick count in the last 5 minutes and I think I got at least 50 right but I didn't manage to count all questions. I just made stupid mistakes which I got right in other papers which is really annoying :P What are you hoping for?
    same, high A is my expectations, and to be honest, that was a straightforward paper compared to Jan 11 which was so annoying, ( i didnt do it, this jun 11 paper was my first go ), i counted my marks ( as usual lol) during the last 10 minutes are i reckon around 15/14 marks i lost, people are expecting the boundaries to go slightly higher than jan 11, so we'l see, but i reckon its well in the 50's raw marks.

i badly need a high A in this, because i reckon i got a borderline A/B in unit 1 and my isa was only a bang on B :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Ha just read the rest of your post, and that is great What are you wanting to do at uni?[/QUOTE]

ah yeah, pharmacy, you?

i reckon i need an AAB, ideally. an ABB would still do me fine, but not at the better unis for pharmacy. my potential unis are in my signuitare spoiler at

Umm, chemistry i think i salvaged an A, Biology i reckon im on course for an A because this module has more weight than unit 1 in terms of marks and maths i know i got an A for sure ( sounds cheeky lol but i got 94 in my only maths exam C1 in jan, S1 i reckon i got a low A, and C2 i completely messed, low B huh.

wbu ?

ReputationRep:
    WHERE THE F**K is the UN-OFFICIAL MARK SCHEME???

ReputationRep:
    same, high A is my expectations, and to be honest, that was a straightforward paper compared to Jan 11 which was so annoying, ( i didnt do it, this jun 11 paper was my first go ), i counted my marks ( as usual lol) during the last 10 minutes are i reckon around 15/14 marks i lost, people are expecting the boundaries to go slightly higher than jan 11, so we'l see, but i reckon its well in the 50's raw marks.

i badly need a high A in this, because i reckon i got a borderline A/B in unit 1 and my isa was only a bang on B :mad:
    You know what you got in your isa, my teacher said she wont tell us :O Yeah the EPO question was nice and I normally hate those ones. Did you do biol one last week?

ReputationRep:
    Ha just read the rest of your post, and that is great What are you wanting to do at uni?
    ah yeah, pharmacy, you?

i reckon i need an AAB, ideally. an ABB would still do me fine, but not at the better unis for pharmacy. my potential unis are in my signuitare spoiler at

Umm, chemistry i think i salvaged an A, Biology i reckon im on course for an A because this module has more weight than unit 1 in terms of marks and maths i know i got an A for sure ( sounds cheeky lol but i got 94 in my only maths exam C1 in jan, S1 i reckon i got a low A, and C2 i completely messed, low B huh.

wbu ?[/QUOTE]

I am in year 14 and am doing physiotherapy. Haha thats awesome, I got 96 in biol 1 in January and it felt really good :P I am glad I didn't take maths, physics is nearly killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Before I sat the exam I came across the exact same question as the RNSA one in my revision (in my Biology books sample questions, I think). The answer to their question was that increased awareness of it could have caused it to be registered on more death certificates. I put that in one of my answers, but not sure if it was what they were asking! I just thought, heck, if its the right answer in the biology book I have a chance...

EDIT: Whoops, meants MRSA!

ReputationRep:
    You know what you got in your isa, my teacher said she wont tell us :O Yeah the EPO question was nice and I normally hate those ones. Did you do biol one last week?
    yeah our teacher gave us back our ISA written papers, ( we werent allowed to change anything ) but we went through it as a class , and she said that some of these questions could come up on either BIOL1 or BIOL2 regarding how science works etc

yeah did biol1 last week, i thought it went well, despite stupid mistakes , its still a low A lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina!SS)
    I think I just put less immunity,, would that be wrong? it still has the word "immune" I felt so rubbish after this exam,, and to think i revised so much for it as well :'(
    you will be fine, i dont think they would be that harsh, but it all depends on the examiner, so just keep ur fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeeBurb)
    Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme thing
    to condense all this down

Thanks!!!
    thats exactly what i am asking, can someone plz make a m.s?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.