Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minisardar12)
    how did everyone find it?
    well look through the 100 or so pages and find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    I don't remember the courtship behaviour question :l
    What was the exact question and what other questions were asked on the same page?
    about investigating relationship in species by the 'call'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallal)
    I put the same thing for the pesticides question.

For the starch I think you had to put it was insoluble so it will not affect water potential of the cell. It won't lower w.p. so excess water will not be taken in by osmosis and the cell will not burst.
    Ahh yeh :/
    I knew it was insoluble but my brain just shut down on the water potential section.
    I'm a div aha, that was really obvious too!

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messi3)
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    Why do people make it sound so difficult and worry people? All you had to say is that starch is insoluble and so has no osmotic effects (forget this whole water potential business)
    yeah thats exactly it !! some people tend to go overboard for the extra marks, when actually they score full marks for saying starch is insoluble and has no osmotic effects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    yeah thats exactly it !! some people tend to go overboard for the extra marks, when actually they score full marks for saying starch is insoluble and has no osmotic effects.
    Also i don't know why they give us so many lines to write an answer like that, you could fit it in one line...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the lines, never work with lines.. if you think you need to fill it, there's a possibility you could talk your way out of marks
    lol i know i just wrote insoluble(1) so no osmosis (1). Sufficient. No need to woffle.

ReputationRep:
    No osmosis is a little vague, no osmotic effects is what is on the mark scheme
    same here thats what i do lmao some people just waffle on lol osmosis isnt vague lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingam)
    same here thats what i do lmao some people just waffle on lol osmosis isnt vague lol
    can you remember what you got for the DNA hybrid questions dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    why the hell have you got 20 warning points?

ReputationRep:
    Was one of the top two, cant remember the names specificly.

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about the one where it said how temperature is used to calculate percentage?

If so, my answer was:

Upon heating, the degree to which the hybrid strands are still linked/as one is measured (this in temp) and is recorded progressively - % can hence be calculated from this and the temps recorded;
    for that one i wrote higher temp for more closely related species because more hydrogen bonds more energy needed to break bonds do you think i will get any marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introverted moron)
    :yep:

...or large surface area to volume ratio.
    Sorry i don't understand the answer... Could you please explain it a little more? Like what did you write? I definately got it wrong i think

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the question in full, did it ask what higher temps suggest? I am sure it says how is temperature used to calculate %.. anyway, the table question, you didn't get tricked did you? The highest % wasn't the two species most closely related because they already were the same species
    well thats what i wrote it should be kk i think

ReputationRep:
    well thats what i wrote it should be kk i think
    dont think you had to mention the same speices tbh i think they gave us that data to trick us

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask about this frog question, what does a large surface area to volume ratio have to do with anything?
    do you think i got any marks for that question you got my panicking lol if i god that wong i am dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Also i don't know why they give us so many lines to write an answer like that, you could fit it in one line...:confused:
    yeah, well you have to make it more into a sentence. for the real thing unit 1 last couple weeks ago i was gonna put bullet points, then i was like naah i'll loose marks because at the front of the paper it says you will be tested on your written communication.

i do see your point, they put many lines incase someone crosses out a wrong answer and wants to write in a empty space.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask about this frog question, what does a large surface area to volume ratio have to do with anything?
    large SA:V ratio implies in this question that the eggs will become mostly affected by the water ( osmosis), hence the eggs which break.

a larger egg with a smaller SA:V ratio is less likely to break when in water

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.