Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in this paper, an A in the first, and an E in the coursework
    So I'ma redo the coursework and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    did really well in this paper suprisingly, since I came out thinking i'd really messed up! 119 UMS 5 UMS away from an A altogether, but my ISA D grade did kill it a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    did really well in this paper suprisingly, since I came out thinking i'd really messed up! 119 UMS 5 UMS away from an A altogether, but my ISA D grade did kill it a bit.
    That's brilliant!
    Wish I did aswell as you :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylaleigh)
    I got a B in this paper, an A in the first, and an E in the coursework
    So I'ma redo the coursework and hope for the best.
    Did you do BIOL1 this summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Did you do BIOL1 this summer?
    Is that the first unit? Not this time no

ReputationRep:
    First off I hate AQA Biology... I got 92 UMS for the amount of work I put in I am upset I will be back in January it has not seen the last of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    That's brilliant!
    Wish I did aswell as you :P
    I'm sure you did fine Hardly anyone did well in Biology in my school, my B was one of the few pass grades, so it's like my own personal victory against bad teachers :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    First off I hate ... I got 92 UMS for the amount of work I put in I am upset I will be back in January it has not seen the last of me
    i got bang on some its a joke , pisses you off when you work hard its them how science works for me!, how did you do in unit 1

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone get a markscheme for this? \:
    It's only available via e-aqa grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt believe it, I had an A for this paper, omg, i thought i would end up with a D :O, this paper was very unpredictable,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingam)
    i got bang on some its a joke , pisses you off when you work hard its them how science works for me!, how did you do in unit 1
    Resat it and i got 72/100 and i worked so hard for BIOL1 as well yet i did not get that A pretty annoyed tbh because I need an A :/

ReputationRep:
    Resat it and i got 72/100 and i worked so hard for BIOL1 as well yet i did not get that A pretty annoyed tbh because I need an A :/
    im in same situation as you but didnt resit bio 1 i have got the same ums in bio 1 and 2 what a joke haha , will hoepfully get A In bio 2 in jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingam)
    im in same situation as you but didnt resit bio 1 i have got the same ums in bio 1 and 2 what a joke haha , will hoepfully get A In bio 2 in jan
    I will be back though, Biology has not seen the last off me

ReputationRep:
    On my results it says I recieved 110 marks and i got a B, does anyone know what this means in terms of how close i was to an A?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ellen-marie1992)
    On my results it says I recieved 110 marks and i got a B, does anyone know what this means in terms of how close i was to an A?
    you didnt get 110 marks you got 110 ums, if you check on the aqa ums converter

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

112 ums is for an A (61 raw marks) and you got 110 ums which is 60 marks........................... ... dun dun DUN !!! you were one mark off an A, well done still !! what was you overall grade ??

i got a C so im gonna retake biol1, i need 14 ums to get a B overall for AS then i plan on doing really well for biol4 and biol5

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    you didnt get 110 marks you got 110 ums, if you check on the aqa ums converter

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

112 ums is for an A (61 raw marks) and you got 110 ums which is 60 marks........................... ... dun dun DUN !!! you were one mark off an A, well done still !! what was you overall grade ??

i got a C so im gonna retake biol1, i need 14 ums to get a B overall for AS then i plan on doing really well for biol4 and biol5
    - thank you so much! that is fricking annoying. I was only 1 mark of an A in my Biology A2 too, grr not sure whether to get it remarked but doubt it'll go up.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think I should remark my Biology papers, I was 4 UMS of a B which is like 2 marks, i just want to be predicted an A and I have a feeling my teachers wont because I got a C.

In Biol 1 i got 72/100 B
    In Biol 2 I got 92/140 C
    in Biol3X I got 42/60 B

Worth a remark, I got nothing to lose right?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do you guys think I should remark my Biology papers, I was 4 UMS of a B which is like 2 marks, i just want to be predicted an A and I have a feeling my teachers wont because I got a C.

In Biol 1 i got 72/100 B
    In Biol 2 I got 92/140 C
    in Biol3X I got 42/60 B

Worth a remark, I got nothing to lose right?
    i got 54 / 100 for biol1 ( i dont understand how because my answers were precisely to the mark scheme as AQA tend to have loads of questions repeating themselves every year) and yet i got 100/140 for biol2, it doesnt make sense at all.

my coursework was fourty something, cant remember from the top of my head but im gonna request the original marking script to see where i lost the marks, then use that as revision for the summer where i will be boosting my ums in biol1 to secure a B

i want an A in maths, A in chemistry and B in biology

AAB for pharmacy =)

what course do you wanna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    i got 54 / 100 for biol1 ( i dont understand how because my answers were precisely to the mark scheme as AQA tend to have loads of questions repeating themselves every year) and yet i got 100/140 for biol2, it doesnt make sense at all.

my coursework was fourty something, cant remember from the top of my head but im gonna request the original marking script to see where i lost the marks, then use that as revision for the summer where i will be boosting my ums in biol1 to secure a B

i want an A in maths, A in chemistry and B in biology

AAB for pharmacy =)

what course do you wanna do?
    In all honesty I want to do medicine and I am not prepared to give up until the very end were by if i get AAB and not AAA then I am officially screwed and I will do Optometry I hope! and then use that degree to get back into medicine! if not then at least I can fall back on a good career being an optician and which I would enjoy. I like patient contact

On another note I feel the same as you this time in addition to revising the actual material and knowledge I also revised mark schemes and remembered standard answers for example, "how should the control group be treated?" The control group should be treated exactly the same as the experimental group and undergo the same conditions other then being given X (1 mark) and instead should be given a placebo where as the experimental group should be given.... X (and not the placebo) (1 mark). That's a standard answer yet again I have no F*cking clue were I went wrong!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.