Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 398807)
    Unit 1 - 96/100
    Unit 2 - 135/140
    Unit 3X - 50/60
    Overall - 281/300

The EMPA grade boundary this time was very high in comparison to other years!
    you go sussex downs college?

one of ma m8s go there !

and i live all the way in london, he used to come to my school !!!

ReputationRep:
    Unit1 78/100 retake 92/100
    Unit 2 140/140
    Unit 3 56/60

288/300

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I am also going to redo my EMPA. I got 40/60 in my empa which equates to 36/50. Previous grade boundaries for the EMPA have been 31 and 33 respectively for an A, but nooo, AQA decided to put it up at 40 this year! Theyre meant to be lower because with ISA's, if the teacher sees that the marks are low for one of the tasks, they can switch and redo it.. then the highest mark counts.
    Urgh..
    Actually they are lower because the teacher can give ~7 marks for free for "doing the experiment properly and/or doing well in practicals over the school year" which essentially the whole class gets full marks for usually.

So really, there should never be increased grade boundaries for ISA's as it really is not fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Actually they are lower because the teacher can give ~7 marks for free for "doing the experiment properly and/or doing well in practicals over the school year" which essentially the whole class gets full marks for usually.

So really, there should never be increased grade boundaries for ISA's as it really is not fair.
    Teachers do not have any contribution towards the marks. They only tick a box to say that this student completed the practical efficiently.

They should, people on here did TWO ISA'S!

ReputationRep:
    Teachers do not have any contribution towards the marks. They only tick a box to say that this student completed the practical efficiently.

They should, people on here did TWO ISA'S!
    Sorry my bad, it was 5 marks look at the attachment.

And I meant EMPA's should not have increased grade boundaries.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Sorry my bad, it was 5 marks look at the attachment.

And I meant EMPA's should not have increased grade boundaries.
    Yep it's a shame really, as I think nearly all teachers will award their students with 5marks for the ISA.

I got 36/50 = 40ums.

Life is NOT good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused for biology unit 1 it says my mark is 74 and that for that unit i got a grade B, so what is my raw mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naz_ox)
    I'm confused for biology unit 1 it says my mark is 74 and that for that unit i got a grade B, so what is my raw mark
    probably 42/60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naz_ox)
    Use this to find out:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

ReputationRep:
    Went to school to ask to get priority photocopies for biol1 and 2. Should come back in two weeks max hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingam)
    i got 42 in my ia and in my exam result sheet i got 30 um wtf !
    Likewise, my ums was 40/60! I was quite confident that i'd got an A for my empa as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    what was your paper 1 score and your coursework.

i got 98/120 for unit 1
    84/120 for unit 2
    coursework was 44/60

at least i think edexcel dont get things as wrong as what aqa did, theres a good dozen of people that got cheated on the aqa biol1 paper by the examiners.
    Really because I swear I did better in BIOL 1 then what I actually got I requested 6 photocopies of 6 of my exams it cost me £72 haha, but yeah one of them was BIOL 1 so I am going to ask my teacher to take a look, hopefully they have made a mistake and I can remark it I got 72/100 on the paper 4 marks of an A :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Swear I should've done better in my Unit 2 :/ Found the paper super easy and answered all the questions :l Came out with 90 and a C :/ That paper was odd...got 50 / A for my EMPA though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptorchid306)
    Swear I should've done better in my Unit 2 :/ Found the paper super easy and answered all the questions :l Came out with 90 and a C :/ That paper was odd...got 50 / A for my EMPA though
    i know what you mean.. i got like 93 and was positive i did slightly better :l WOW on your EMPA we do ISA's which is pretty similar do you have any notes or tips on how to get a good grade in that!? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Foun d out today I was 2 marks from an A in this paper However, I got an E in the course work So, I'm going to re-take that, and if I get a C I'll have enough UMS for an A

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can find the paper and mark scheme for this series ???

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone upload the QS and MS for Aqa b2 may 2011?

Please

ReputationRep:
    can you upload aqa b2 and p2 may 2011 , please -_-

ReputationRep:
    can you upload aqa b2 and p2 may 2011 please

ReputationRep:
    Went to school to ask to get priority photocopies for biol1 and 2. Should come back in two weeks max hopefully
    Could you upload the papers with the markschemes please

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.