Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello1234567)
    Oh myy.... My teacher gave us a booklet about airsacs and hinted that they could ask us something about them!!! He said "they may add something new into the syllabus for this paper" with a grin on his face... hmmmm.
    Um, im pretty sure they cand do that. Any changes in the syllabus/spec is announced at least two exam seasons in advanced, so atleast 6 months.

On another note, can someone please sum up what we need to know about chapter 14? Its just a 2 double page spread on classification, but i dont understand most of it and i dont get what the spec is talking about for that section. How exactly do i define phylogeny?

ReputationRep:
    What are the definitions people think we need to know ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    Um, im pretty sure they cand do that. Any changes in the syllabus/spec is announced at least two exam seasons in advanced, so atleast 6 months.

On another note, can someone please sum up what we need to know about chapter 14? Its just a 2 double page spread on classification, but i dont understand most of it and i dont get what the spec is talking about for that section. How exactly do i define phylogeny?
    Phylogeny just shows the evolutionary relationships between organisms

ReputationRep:
    Oh myy.... My teacher gave us a booklet about airsacs and hinted that they could ask us something about them!!! He said "they may add something new into the syllabus for this paper" with a grin on his face... hmmmm.
    Do teachers see the papers before?

Can you upload the booklet if it's in pdf?

ReputationRep:
    You my friend are a ****ing idiot.If it is not on the syllabus they are not going to ask about it. Stop worrying and confusing people.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a set of notes for Unit 2?

I'm more of a past paper and read the textbook kinda person since my handwriting is debatable... :L

I'd appreciate it, rep and love :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Do teachers see the papers before?

Can you upload the booklet if it's in pdf?
    No teachers do not see the paper before, it comes in a closed envelope and they only take it out when they start to hand the papers out in the exam hall. The teachers get extra copies if there are any left but that is after the exam has finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    Has anyone got a set of notes for Unit 2?

I'm more of a past paper and read the textbook kinda person since my handwriting is debatable... :L

I'd appreciate it, rep and love :')
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u1azsrtheu2hp51

They aren't mine I found them on another thread. It has unit 1 notes thrown in there too.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, although I wasn't allowed to retake Unit 1 becase I got an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoaaK)
    i'm sure you'll have a really nice one don't worry!
    what did your teacher say btw?
    Firstly, HUGE thank for the explanation. That totally makes sense now. It's just one of those things I needed to get straight in my head.

Secondly, my teacher said that we essentially had the right idea between us:

1. The leaves are thin so that all the cells within the leaf have some contact with air and therefore 02 all the time.
    2. They are large so that ther is a large underside (that will have many stomata) to allow air in and to increase SA for photosynthesis (see point four)
    3. Also, the Mesophyll spongy layer, the cells are loosely packerd and irregular to increase S.A further.
    4. Finally, respiration and Photsynthesis (obvs depending on whether it's day or night) help to maitin a concentation gradient and so lots of movement of 02 and Co2 in and out of the cells.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    HOLY ! Whoever made them must be HENCH at biology lmao !

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, although I wasn't allowed to retake Unit 1 becase I got an A
    what ums did you get for unit 1 out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    You my friend are a ****ing idiot.If it is not on the syllabus they are not going to ask about it. Stop worrying and confusing people.
    They changed the Unit 4 biology syllabus for the exam in Jan this year, upto 8 marks were from stuff not on the syllabus. What do you have to say about that?

ReputationRep:
    They changed the Unit 4 biology syllabus for the exam in Jan this year, upto 8 marks were from stuff not on the syllabus. What do you have to say about that?
    Oh and also to let you know, my biology teacher is an AQA examiner. Just to add. Anyways what else everyone think that may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    what ums did you get for unit 1 out of interest?

Got 99 in Econ and 91 in Core1 Math though, so I figured why not retake just the 1 unit as it shouldn't affect my summer exams really as retakes were quite early on.

Is there a provisional mark scheme out for the EMPA (unit 3) we did? Or is that still not allowed yet? It would be great to know how I did >.>

ReputationRep:

Got 99 in Econ and 91 in Core1 Math though, so I figured why not retake just the 1 unit as it shouldn't affect my summer exams really as retakes were quite early on.

Is there a provisional mark scheme out for the EMPA (unit 3) we did? Or is that still not allowed yet? It would be great to know how I did >.>
    Wow that's amazing :L
    Nope there ain't a markscheme out for the empa...
    Though I think I've done alright in it, I don't want to see the markscheme (flopped quite a few questions)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you are just chatting ****. I never sat the exam so I don't know, I would need to ask somebody who sat the exam and does not talk out of his ass like you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you ****. Its called hsw

ReputationRep:
    Prediction for 6 Marker at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Wow that's amazing :L
    Nope there ain't a markscheme out for the empa...
    Though I think I've done alright in it, I don't want to see the markscheme (flopped quite a few questions)
    My graph was messy because I had to change it...

I'm pretty sure the one I changed it too was right though and if it's right im gonna get full marks even though it's an ugly looking thing lol !

I used Relative Rate (1/time) sec^-1 I think?

I remember some dodgy questions as well lol like why did you rotate the tube and all I could think of was to allow enzyme and substrate to be mixed properly or something and so you could identify when a curd appeared.

Stupid stuff -.-

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.