Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therapist_1)
    That should be it thanks:cool:
    No problem.

Let's hope that question comes up...and is worth 20 marks on its own. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    AQA going to ask some super s*** questions for this exam as usual, for that I can be sure
    Questions are so random. I saw one asking for the rate of singing in crickets... Which is easy to calculate but why do we need to?!?

I'm so tempted to ask which anime is that avatar from...and so i will ask kindly..
    Which anime is that from? please tell me...
    Code Geass.
    Very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SittingOnCornflakes)
    No problem.

What is worth 20 marks on its own? Sorry to butt in, but that just scared me!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaimishaParekh)
    What is worth 20 marks on its own? Sorry to butt in, but that just scared me!:eek:
    Oh hehe, it was just a joke (a pretty bad one evidently).

Earlier, we worked out the answer to quite a simple question, probably worth only 2 marks so I just crazily wished that it would come up in the exam and be worth a riduculous amount of marks so that I could get a good grade without having to use my brain too much.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I'm sooo scared for this exam! Eeeek

ReputationRep:
    Oh hehe, it was just a joke (a pretty bad one evidently).

Earlier, we worked out the answer to quite a simple question, probably worth only 2 marks so I just crazily wished that it would come up in the exam and be worth a riduculous amount of marks so that I could get a good grade without having to use my brain too much.
    Ohhh, thank goodness. Evidently, you can see I panicked.

ReputationRep:
    I hate AQA:
    Why is the concentration of oxygen higher in surface waters than in sea beds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    I hate AQA:
    Why is the concentration of oxygen higher in surface waters than in sea beds.
    Simply because at the surface it is more exposed to air so the water will be more oxygenated. But as far as I am aware we don't need to know why, we can just take it as a given fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliekate1)
    Simply because at the surface it is more exposed to air so the water will be more oxygenated. But as far as I am aware we don't need to know why, we can just take it as a given fact.
    I got that. Though you'd have got 1 mark lol. The other mark is either a lot more detail or say seaweed at the surface produce oxygen through photosynthesis.

ReputationRep:
    No problem.

lol...

Questions are so random. I saw one asking for the rate of singing in crickets... Which is easy to calculate but why do we need to?!?

Code Geass.
    Very sad.
    Thanks...something I'll start to watch from friday evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialApple)
    Guys, I'm sooo scared for this exam! Eeeek
    Dont worry....we all are!!

ReputationRep:
    I got that. Though you'd have got 1 mark lol. The other mark is either a lot more detail or say seaweed at the surface produce oxygen through photosynthesis.
    I though oxygen is less dense then water so its more likely to float. But that not in the mark scheme i still feel im correct.??:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    lol...

Thanks...something I'll start to watch from friday evening.
    50 eps.
    I think grade boundaries are <70% for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaimishaParekh)
    Ohhh, thank goodness. Evidently, you can see I panicked.
    It's undestandable, the exam's less than two days away.

ReputationRep:
    last year it was 68/85 for A....I hope its lower this time..

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying for easy maths and economics cos they might be. Chemistry and biology will be hard and need to focus on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliekate1)

Or there are waves which overlap the air, which create bubbles which then dissolve into the water. That's our biology teacher's idea anyway.

ReputationRep:
    is everyone ready for unit 2 biology paper?

ReputationRep:
    i really hope tissue fluid doesn't come up thats the worst thing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry....we all are!!
    I think I'm okay at most stuff I just need to brush up on a few bits but I'm still really nervous cos AQA always ask really awkward questions !!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.