Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zimmobug)
    i swear you have to times the minutes by 4 to get 8 eggs? because 3 divisions makes 7 eggs
    no when cells divide they split into two so 1 would split to 2 then 2 split to 4 and finally for split to 8 three divisions

ReputationRep:
    times by 4...sud of did 3. rounded my % to 55 it should of been 56 kmt....for the last question....reckon ive lost 2 marks for the last question and i got bit different answers for the egg....just mentioned pesticide is agriculture-run-off.....is able to go to the small egg and as there will be several eggs....quite a lot harmed at once....for evaporation....i go its easier for the pesticide to get to the egg :/

reckon ive lost 6 marks for sure.... =(

ReputationRep:
    Would i get the mark for 55.55 %?????????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    I found this exam actually quite hard But I really need to get an A to be predicted an A next year! I got a C in unit 1 in January too and had to resit, fml!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    I got 1032 minutes. :confused:
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    i seee thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    times by 4...sud of did 3. rounded my % to 55 it should of been 56 kmt....for the last question....reckon ive lost 2 marks for the last question and i got bit different answers for the egg....just mentioned pesticide is agriculture-run-off.....is able to go to the small egg and as there will be several eggs....quite a lot harmed at once....for evaporation....i go its easier for the pesticide to get to the egg :/

reckon ive lost 6 marks for sure.... =(
    For the evapotaion I put, the pesticide will become more concentrated as the water is evaporated off.

6 marks is nothing, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Would i get the mark for 55.55 %?????????????????????????????
    Erm well that's rounded wrong, so I'm not sure. The number of DP would be okay, just would have had to put 55.56

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    How did you work out the time for the cell cycle?

I got 774? You had to times the minutes by 3, from what I've seen in questions I've done off the old spec.
    I got 2046

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    I got 2046
    How? Did you multiple it by 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    I got 2046
    How..?

ReputationRep:
    12 hours something minutes was what i got for the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty confident the grade boundaries won't be much higher than normal, a lot of mistakes that a lot of people will make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    For the evapotaion I put, the pesticide will become more concentrated as the water is evaporated off.

6 marks is nothing, don't worry.
    thts 6 marks so far.....wt did u write my the syntetic EPO will cause red blood cells to increase...i said its made for the original EPO and its in solution...so can get taken in. etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    same brah

ReputationRep:
    Also, what did you all get for the question where you had to fill in the number of bases in the table??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    I think it said give your answer in minutes?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was okay. No massive shocks. I'll have made some really stupid mistakes though so I will probably be looking at a C/D. Probably have high-ish grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    How..?
    Didnt the question say one cell cycle = 4hrs18min

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

Maybe I misred the question, I was in a rush :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    Also, what did you all get for the question where you had to fill in the number of bases in the table??
    Don't remember the exact numbers but they were basically diagnols in the base pairs, if that makes sense, lol. I think the only number we weren't given was 20?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.