Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Ermm only a positive correlation, there may be other factors effecting the rate.
    woooo
    I hope this makes up for my crappy biol1 mark..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    But the athletes may have different levels of EPO to other people.
    Why would they have different levels of EPO? Even if they did it wouldn't be massively different, the question is only asking for you to say "take readings from a large number of healthy (no/few health issues) people and take an AVERAGE"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    cell wall/!?
    I don't think cell wall was labelled??

I put chloroplasts and starch storage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    for the first question i put flagellum and chlorplasts
    ooops sorry, thought you talked about a different Q but flagellum is wrong (sperm) you should have written chloroplasts and cell wall.

ReputationRep:
    For the maximising sunlight one did anyone else put that it moves to areas of higher levels of sunlight :')?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    Not flagellum, sperm cells have them...

I put cell wall.

And also, how did you guys interpret the light sensitive thing for the question after on adaption for maximum photosynthesis?
    i dunno
    for that question

i wrote about a lot of chloroplasts - light
    then i wrote about the vacuole even though it didnt specifically have it on the diagram \: (vacuole pushes chloroplasts to the edge..)

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the first question on frogs eggs and pesticides?

ReputationRep:
    How did people do on the last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    But the athletes may have different levels of EPO to other people.
    Exactly what i was thinking so i wrote procure blood samples from a group of athletes who had not previously used synthetic EPO...becuz surely athletes have generally higher levels of EPO if their profession is atheletics?!? XD :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    And also, how did you guys interpret the light sensitive thing for the question after on adaption for maximum photosynthesis?
    I put that the chloroplast (I'm guessing that was one large chloroplast it was pointing to) was close to the edges of the cells, minimizing the diffusion distance for carbon dioxide and water required for photosynthesis.
    Also I put that the chloroplast contains its own ribosomes (those little black dots) which allow it to quickly synthesize proteins for photosynthesis.
    Finally I put the light detector thingy allows it to detect...light.... ...and so it can use its flagella to move into areas where there is more light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Join the bloody club

Friggin' frogs.
    I liked the frog question, it's the ****ing lymphatic system I forgot about and the minutes questions OH and that bloody starch one at the beginning. :facepalm2: Wat was I thinking tbh. Must have lost 20-30 marks on silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think cell wall was labelled??

I put chloroplasts and starch storage.
    cell wall was labelled.
    Also starch storage can be in the form of glyocgen in animals (animal starch)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithytheDrummer)
    For the maximising sunlight one did anyone else put that it moves to areas of higher levels of sunlight :')?
    I put the light sensitive thing would be sensitive to light since that it would position itself as far away as possible so the chloroplast would face the maximum sunlight (they are on opposite sides of the organism).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Join the bloody club

Friggin' frogs.
    Hah, frogs are turning into the bane of my existance.
    They came up in the BIOL4 exam I sat this January too.

ReputationRep:
    Ermm only a positive correlation, there may be other factors effecting the rate.
    I think it was to do with the piece of info in the question saying "Many people are already very ill when they get mrsa"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnybacon)
    I put that the chloroplast (I'm guessing that was one large chloroplast it was pointing to) was close to the edges of the cells, minimizing the diffusion distance for carbon dioxide and water required for photosynthesis.
    Also I put that the chloroplast contains its own ribosomes (those little black dots) which allow it to quickly synthesize proteins for photosynthesis.
    Finally I put the light detector thingy allows it to detect...light.... ...and so it can use its flagella to move into areas where there is more light.
    I didnt write about the light detector thing
    But i wrote many chloroplasts - absorb light, also about the ribosomes.
    It was worth 3 marks \: not sure if i've got them all.

ReputationRep:
    For increased photosynthesis:

-Flagellum, to move towards the sun light
    -Chloroplasts contain chlorphyll to absorb sunlight

ReputationRep:
    i dunno
    for that question

then i wrote about the vacuole even though it didnt specifically have it on the diagram \: (vacuole pushes chloroplasts to the edge..)
    Yes, chloroplasts, then mention the light-seeing eye or whatever as more light=more photosyn, and use of the flagellum to move towards places of high light intensity.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno
    for that question

I wrote lots of chloroplast to absorb light.
    Light sensor thing to detect light.
    And a flagellum to travel to the light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnybacon)
    I only wrote about many chloroplasts, a light sensor and the flagellum for that because it was only 3 marks. Hope it was enough tbh. I thought those tiny dots were the chloroplasts not the riobsomes????

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.