Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    You didn't really have to write much about the lymph system - it said how was it returned to the cicrulatory system, this means back into the blood, so was about water/osmosis.
    Darn it. I just wrote some nonsense about lymphatic vessels and what not :lolwut:

Also the affinity one. :facepalm2: accidently wrote it had low affinity like a douche.

ReputationRep:
    why did epo decrease blood pressure?

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry, I meant to type photosynthesis not respiration!
    ahhh s'all good then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    :facepalm2: Lost so many silly marks.
    Its okay, I don't even remember half the questions people are talking about, so i'm pretty sure I got them wrong..

ReputationRep:
    Heh i got one of the maths questions wrong, and maths is usually my best thing. I was so damned tired for this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    i dunno
    for that question

i wrote about a lot of chloroplasts - light
    then i wrote about the vacuole even though it didnt specifically have it on the diagram \: (vacuole pushes chloroplasts to the edge..)
    no there wasnt a vacuole but there was the cytoplasm pushing the chloroplasts to the edge not sure if that still counts :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    One of the easiest exams that I've probably sat...

Edit: hahaha jesus love the way people neg repped me!! U FAILURE'S!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnybacon)
    AFAIK the whole thing was one big chloroplast because the label was pointing to the white space in between the dots. And I'd been reading up before the exam on chloroplast and palisade cell structure, I remember reading that chloroplasts contain ribosomes and their own DNA

You should have got the marks, I think I went overboard with my detail on that question lol
    If th whole thing was chloroplast it would have had granum lamellae and thylakoid memebrane showing which it did not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fletcher94)
    ahhh s'all good then
    Just realised I think it's wrong anyway. Glucose is a product, not a reactant haha. Ohhh well hopefulyl I'll get 2 marks on that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Itsaid 148 base pairs(or something like that) so you had to double it to find the number of bases.

Then A pairs with T
    And C pairs with G

So there must be the same number of A and T.
    and C and G for each strand.
    148??????

ReputationRep:
    Heres the Questions I remember, If you remember any more quote me

2 structures in plants that are not in animals
    How many amino acids will the base pairs code for
    Dissociation curve
    Tissue fluid
    How long will it take for 8 cells to be produced
    % increase
    How does gene trasmission make antibiotics less effective
    Why is it better to take diversity index rather than just the number of species
    74 bases, 2 strands. Fill in the table
    Adaptations for faster rate of photosynthesis.

ReputationRep:
    So what did everyone get for the percentage increase?
    Around 54% or somthing completly different?

ReputationRep:
    148??????
    Can't remember the exact number but something like that.

ReputationRep:
    i got 19 and 9's for that atcg ting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Can't remember the exact number but something like that.
    i thought it said 70 ish..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnybacon)
    AFAIK the whole thing was one big chloroplast because the label was pointing to the white space in between the dots. And I'd been reading up before the exam on chloroplast and palisade cell structure, I remember reading that chloroplasts contain ribosomes and their own DNA

You should have got the marks, I think I went overboard with my detail on that question lol
    I hope I got the marks :afraid: Yeah I didn't even know what the diagram was tbh. :facepalm2: so failingatm.

(Original post by juliewho)
    Its okay, I don't even remember half the questions people are talking about, so i'm pretty sure I got them wrong..
    Lol, yeah hopefully grade boundaries will be low. :afraid: But it was an easier paper than Jan 11. I feel sick now

ReputationRep:
    Ermm only a positive correlation, there may be other factors effecting the rate.
    yeah im thinking the same as beelz what question was this? i dont remember even thinking that kind of thing. Normally thats when they ask "Does tehe data show something causes something" But there was no questions like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    I think I've lost at least 15 :emo:

[SIZE="1"]I got 55.6% for the other one, though.[/SIZE]
    :five: I got that answer too m8, I rounded to 3sf to be 'safe' :afraid: dunno is this is wrong tho.

ReputationRep:
    148??????
    it said 74

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we should make an un official mark scheme for this, the paper was too long and nobody can remember the questions. lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.