Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    What does it mean appreciate the tentative nature that can be drawn relating to the causes of varitation in the spec?
    Not sure but i think it means that you cant say that 'this casues that' because
    A) Do not know all of DNA/ genes and what they do, so can not fullt conclude how much effect it has on variation
    B) Cant really be sure of the effect the envoiroment has had to caue that variation
    C) Some results may just be down to chance rather than whatever we were mesauring/ variable.

Hope that made sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    What does it mean appreciate the tentative nature that can be drawn relating to the causes of varitation in the spec?
    I think this is the degree to which variation is due to genetic and environmental factors. There is a bit on it in the first section of the textbook, but it's not a big topic, and will more likely come up as HSW.

ReputationRep:
    Have done no revision yet but managed to get 70 UMS in the exam, many were bad mistakes. Hopefully I can double that in a week

ReputationRep:
    We didn't learn about air sacs either, not in our book.

ReputationRep:
    going to finish prep for this by wednesday....after m1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    I dunno we got taught about air sacs as wel
    We got taught about transcription and translation, both of which are not on the syllabus :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    Have done no revision yet but managed to get 70 UMS in the exam, many were bad mistakes. Hopefully I can double that in a week
    Same here no revision yet. But there is plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Same here no revision yet. But there is plenty of time.
    Ditto, I'm starting on Thurs.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Ditto, I'm starting on Thurs.....
    I'm starting on either tuesday or wednesday. I've got 5 exams next week so it's going to be a rough week.

ReputationRep:
    On this thread finally (shock, horror limitless :L)

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on either tuesday or wednesday. I've got 5 exams next week so it's going to be a rough week.
    I got 4 next week. :/
    I'm too busy concentrating on the others! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 more this week, 5 next week :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    On this thread finally (shock, horror limitless :L)

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify: this is out of 140 UMS right? What is it for an A then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    Taken from the only AQA endorsed book:

"Ventilation. The movement of muscles in insects can create mass movements of air in and out of the tracheae, This further speeds up the exchange of respiratory gases."

No air sacs for insects.
    Endorsed by AQA only means AQA approve of it, not that it covers everything according to the AQA specification. If that's the Neloson Thornes one then be even more careful as they miss a lot of stuff out.

ReputationRep:
    Endorsed by AQA only means AQA approve of it, not that it covers everything according to the AQA specification. If that's the Neloson Thornes one then be even more careful as they miss a lot of stuff out.
    :O :O I use that.
    What do they miss out?

ReputationRep:
    What do they miss out?
    Nothing. He's scaremongering. I've got 2 AQA endorsed textbooks and neither mention air sacs. My teacher has never mentioned air sacs.

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify: this is out of 140 UMS right? What is it for an A then?
    I'm not sure about UMS. But the raw marks to get each grade on past papers are here.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grades_archive.php

Check the new A-level.

ReputationRep:
    It is a lot better than the actual AQA books, and they hardly miss anything out? I remember they missed a definition for unit 1 but what else do they miss? I'm intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    What do they miss out?
    I would say use your normal textbook and then use the CGP revision guide. I don't use my textbook it's all CGP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.