Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Why is everyone talking about the calculation? :lolwut:
    Talk about the real stuff!!!
    Such as?

...oh, and i failed all the calculations besides the dna strand one somehow :emo:, the fact is. I failed the percentage increase!!!!! I totally misread the graph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaStokess)
    i definitely got the DNA strands question but it was only two marks, i'm more worried about the last question, i can't even remember what it was about now but i wrote the completely wrong answer for sure :<
    Wrote about Horizontal and vertical gene transmission in bacteria :indiff: basically stuffed in every single word about bacteria I knew about in my answer.

:puke:

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the table questions the one about DNA, did each row have to add up to 74???

And was it same number for A and T and C and G????

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking the grade boundary will be about 60ish?

I hope so :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    I got 55% will i get the marks do you think?
    yea i think u will, mark scheme are often easy on the number
    dun worry about it man it's just 2 mark?
    plus the working counts.. right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    Ah man, I flopped hard. The complementry base pair question, the tissue fluid question, 2marks i misread.

Ive got 78/85 at most. + All the mistakes I will make,
    DUDE are you ****ing me. I made a **** load of mistakes and i missed like 2 3 markers and 3 2 markers. I think you will be fine. I just want a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    Wrote about Horizontal and vertical gene transmission in bacteria :indiff: basically stuffed in every single word about bacteria I knew about in my answer.

:puke:
    omg really? thats what i wrote about but i thought it would be wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    What did people put for the table questions the one about DNA, did each row have to add up to 74???

And was it same number for A and T and C and G????

Cheers.
    A B C D

B A D C where C = 20 and others are all given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    For the high blood pressure I put, there were more blood cells which had to be transported per second, so the ventricles contracted more strongly, increasing blood pressure??
    I didn't put anything like that! All I put was that it was dissolved in salt solution that leads to high blood pressure. Dunno if I'd get a Mark because I wasn't technical about it!

ReputationRep:
    for the frogs egss questions, could you say anything about eutrophication to get marks??

what do you guys think grade boundaries will be for A?

ReputationRep:
    the answer was 55.6% and strand a and b had each 74 bases

grade boundaries will probz be about 58 for an A from experience

loved the enzyle Qs guys

ReputationRep:
    i think we also have to talk about the selection pressure the use of antibiotics exerts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyDaisy123)
    Dont worry about it!
    it was only two marks and a lot of people will have stuffed up the calculations.
    You can always retake it like i've just done, so no worries
    I was wondering how people did actually conclude it was 9 because the graph went up like, 0,2,4,6,8,10 and it was 0.4 for each graduation so 9 would have been a point that did not actually lie on the line and I'm sure it did lie on a line. However, nobody else seems to have got this so I'm obviously talking absolute nonsense haha!

ReputationRep:
    Didnt have a calculator so i failed % increase but wrote equation yeah boi! but i failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologyunit1may16)
    for the frogs egss questions, could you say anything about eutrophication to get marks??

what do you guys think grade boundaries will be for A?
    probs 58.
    sup with your username?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    the answer was 55.6% and strand a and b had each 74 bases

grade boundaries will probz be about 58 for an A from experience

loved the enzyle Qs guys
    Ohhhh yeahhhhh the mark scheme immediately flashed across my mind

ReputationRep:
    I've also got AQA CHEM2 tomorrow.
    I got 9.1 and 14 for the Wales MRSA and something like 53.8% for the percentage increase.
    I mentioned antibiotic presence exerting a selection pressure, resistant bacteria surviving and reproducing and the proportion of bacteria with resistance increasing due to natural selection, vertical gene transmission in division and horizontal transmission by one bacterium forming a conjugation tube, the plasmid being replicated and made linear, and the allele for resistance being passed on. I then said that this could cause different species of bacteria to develop resistance.
    I talked about osmosis at the venous end of the capillary causing reabsorption from tissue fluid and drainage of excess fluid into lymph vessels which empty into two ducts close to the heart.
    I got diagonal values for strand A and B because it was complementary strands, not the percentage of organic base in the DNA as a whole molecule in which case A=T and C=G.

ReputationRep:
    Strand A: 19 26 9 20
    Strand B: 26 19 20 9

They weren't possibly in that order but that's the answer, A is 20.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we're right! I didn't know what it meant by selection tho :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I missed alot, failed alot, and will be getting a D grade MAX........fml

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.