Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get 55.6% for the question on England/Wales one? ..ive forgotten half the questions already

and my exams are now finished, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the cells lining the intestine question..??
    That was the one that most threw me (it was only 1 mark anyway... but its bugging me!!)

I thought the exam was okay... made some stupid mistakes but bio grade boundries are usually low so it shouldnt matter..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    In markschemes you normally have to say:

-Lower partial pressure of 02 in the lungs
    -Haemoglobin has a higher affinity for oxygen, at this lower partial pressure
    yeaah i know, sorry phrased it badly what i meant was, do lugworms even have lungs? because thats exactly what i said but but thinking about it now it doesnt make sense to me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    yeh it will be; I get paranoid and write a dissertation for every question
    Yeah I do the same haha, if there is extra space at the bottom of the page ill fill it.

BUT apparently now they only scan the lines, so you have to put see below for them to request the full page (i know they have never scanned outside the page border but now if they are only scanning the lines........ ) well that’s what we were told today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)
    Bugger

I've never learnt anything related to that, and I wrote out the whole syllabus in notes >_>
    It's kind of synoptic from unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky16)
    they asked it different to past papers at first i was like :confused: but i think it was 74 pairs - i remember getting 20 and 9 and matching the ans A-T and C-G for complementary fit
    Yeah yeah that's what I did, I know the numbers I had were 26, 19, 9 and 20. Ahh fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjb)
    Yeah I could have done with 10 more mins, I mean i finished the paper but would have liked to have checked.

Haha, the mass junk food consumption sounds like a plan, although it goes totally against what we learnt in unit 1 haha.
    LOL, I was thinking that when I wrote it.
    I remember I couldn't bring myself to eat takeaways for at least a month after we learnt about coronary heart disease and myocardial infarctions.

ReputationRep:
    Yo could someone produce an unofficial mark scheme? since its all fresh in our heads, we'll figure out what the most likely answers were, instead of everyone asking questions whether such and such was right or not. what do ya all think ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjb)
    What did people actually put for what is genetic diversity? I know its simple but i got stuck on that I never found a good way to phrase it.
    I wrote "The size of a species gene pool (the number of alleles in the species' population)"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieeeeeee)
    yeaah i know, sorry phrased it badly what i meant was, do lugworms even have lungs? because thats exactly what i said but but thinking about it now it doesnt make sense to me lol
    Ohhh I didnt make any refrence to the lungs because I thought the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    Yes introns were correct
    I wrote some are start codes. Hope that's righ, because I wrote introns first and then crossed it out.

ReputationRep:
    Lugsworms don't have lungs.

- Higher affinity for oxygen
    - So, hameoglobin can load with oxygen at a lower partial pressure of oxygen

[2 marks]

ReputationRep:
    Hahha ohhh good point, not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)
    I wrote "The size of a species gene pool (the number of alleles in the species' population)"
    Yeah thats like exactly what I put. I couldnt think of anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    Lugsworms don't have lungs.

- Higher affinity for oxygen
    - So, hameoglobin can load with oxygen at a lower partial pressure of oxygen

[2 marks]
    I put that, but also mentioned lungs, would I get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    lugworms are gay

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else mention lugworms having LUNGS for oxygen association at low partial pressures?!!! ****ed up and for the bit about methicillin resistance or whatever, apprently it was due to a 'competitive inhibitor' worst examm :|
    Haha, yes! How are we supposed to know what lugworms have, if not - or in place of- lungs?

Hmm.........I wrote competitive inhibitor at first, but then read the question again and crossed it out and wrote something about methicillin having a complementary shape to the enzyme or something.

ReputationRep:
    My hand literally carried me on that question until I suddenly stopped and thought "wait, do lugworms have lungs" So I kind of just said the same thing but rephrased it to emit any lung reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    I put that, but also mentioned lungs, would I get the marks?
    If you put that you'd get 2 marks, I don't think you'd lose a mark for writing "lungs".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SittingOnCornflakes)
    LOL, I was thinking that when I wrote it.
    I remember I couldn't bring myself to eat takeaways for at least a month after we learnt about coronary heart disease and myocardial infarctions.
    Hahah yeah we watched this video that was all inside the heart of this fat builder guy, and for the duration there was just the thudding of the heart. It was nasty.

Then it said that we have all started making these fatty deposits :O

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.