Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketeeer)
    hahahhaa same here mate!
    We should TOTALLY do that. lol
    Idk, I had exactly an hour for the last two questions, and I had about 30 minutes at the end, I have a baaaad feeling that I've missed out a page worth of 84 marks

ReputationRep:
    Get over this thread and start revising for ur other exams now.... This is only a distraction, and a DESTRUCTION for your upcoming exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchmeifyoucan)
    Get over this thread and start revising for ur other exams now.... This is only a distraction, and a DESTRUCTION for your upcoming exams.
    agree, i'm off bye

ReputationRep:
    Ok:
    Cell cycle question. 3 cycles, each 4h18
    total time - 12h54m

% difference I found it as being 9.2 NOT 9
    so I got 52.2%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    I have to point this out, AQA don't always accept conjugation tube/bridge, they prefer "pilus".

Oh bugger, I put "plasmodesmata" even though I knew plasmodesmata are to do with cells in the root hair. I hope that's not a reject and just neutral/non-mark... Other than that I said about vertical and horizontal gene transmission, transfer for antibiotic resistant alleles in plasmids through plasmodesmata :rolleyes:, selection pressure etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Same here I even bothered to revise why the circumference of a tree decreases under tension...

Meiosis didn't come into it too, and the inside of the chloroplast and there was barely anything on blood vessels, nothing about fish or spiracles...

omg yes! i was getting paranoid on wether I had left some pages out but, apparently not! what a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    Well at least i think i did well in c2 this morning! But agreed, i can't get hung up over some mistakes on biology 2.

Back to work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmith6131)
    Ok:
    Cell cycle question. 3 cycles, each 4h18
    total time - 12h54m

% difference I found it as being 9.2 NOT 9
    so I got 52.2%

You had to write the total time in minutes remember.

774 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight19)
    URGGH! I know right!
    All those HOURS I spent trying to learn the cohesion-tension theory and apoplastic/symplastic ways by heart. I think I might resit this unit JUST so I get to write about those.
    :mad: I KNOWW!!! dont remind me of cohesion tension! i wrote so many notes on gills and adhesion and the stupid endodermis and casparian strip!! and then we get questions about FROGS!! AQA <<<<<

ReputationRep:
    I only need a C, 44 marks for a C ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nish1992)
    Hey, hope everyones test went well. One thing i dont get is how some people got the percentage increase when the number went from 4 to 19 (i think thats what someone said) as 55.56%? I read the numbers as 4.4 to 20 and worked out the percentage increase to 354.5%... Help
    You calculated the increase for England. You were meant to calculate the change for Wales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    I have to point this out, AQA don't always accept conjugation tube/bridge, they prefer "pilus".
    emphasis on the word PREFER. both get you the mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)

774 minutes
    lol i got something like 12 000 major fail :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketeeer)
    i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate
    Yeah, I guessed and put the cells have a short life span so need to have fast cell deivision to replace the cells lost

I know its really badly worded but along the right lines.. do you think it'll be okay??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight_sun)
    Why was there nothing on xylem and water transport through platns?! I revised that soo much
    Same I spent all of yesterday revising plants and nothign else. Then everything except plants comes up.

ReputationRep:
    i wish someone would close this thread :-w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    Yeah, I guessed and put the cells have a short life span so need to have fast cell deivision to replace the cells lost

I know its really badly worded but along the right lines.. do you think it'll be okay??
    Yes ! thats exactly what i wrote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdb123)
    ^^ Sneaky mistake: The question asked for the time in minutes, not hours and minutes.
    You sure; I looked for that but didn't see any units

ahh nvm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Allows comparison;(1)
    as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
    Salt solution without the thing??(1)
    Everything else the same (1)
    if you just say give them a placebo, otherwise treat them the same as the other group, how many marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)

774 minutes
    Ahh nooooooooo... I thought it was to the nearest minute

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.