Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReMos)
    was the answer to the frog egg question that there is a higher concentration of pesticides in the water due to there being less water, which affects the frog eggs more? i really had no time left for that questions as i left it out.

was the cell cycle question SPECIFICALLY stating to give answer in minutes?

what were the marks for the EPO 4 marker?
    i wrote:
    more red blood cells
    more haemoglobin
    can carry more O2
    more atp production in the muscle
    can be used for muscle contraction
    no need for anaerobic respiration as there is always enough oxygen to undertake aerobic respiration.

excuse my grammar and language, english isnt my mother tongue~

Pretty sure the cell cycle question specifically wanted answer in minutes. As for EPO 4 marker, I think you got the 4 marks from the first 5 points a least, although the last point doesn't seem relevant (but it might be, I don't know). I wrote the same;

- more red blood cells
    - more haemoglobin
    - can carry more O2
    - cells can produce more ATP through respiration for muscle contraction
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    Three cell cycles needs to produce 8 cells.
    1->2->4->8
    wahoo i did that too , yay me, i think i have a solid A in the bag for BIOL2, i just need to do hope that my overall is an A, because my ISA was a B on the dot :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    it was a eukaryotic, so introns/multiple repeats
    sorry, but what was eukaryotic?? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)
    Pretty sure the cell cycle question specifically wanted answer in minutes. As for EPO 4 marker, I think you got the 4 marks from the first 5 points a least, although the last point doesn't seem relevant (but it might be, I don't know). I wrote the same;

- more red blood cells
    - more haemoglobin
    - can carry more O2
    I always learn something new in exams. We've now learnt that athletes use a performance enhancing drug called EPO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan02)
    sorry, but what was eukaryotic?? :/
    Eh, where on the paper was the word eukaryote mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Animals never had cell walls, we've covered that in Unit 1. Who said they have cell walls?! :eek:
    i did cos its what our teacher said...that if u want to write a diff between animals and plants, that it has to specifically be CELLULOSE cell walls
    she could be wrong tho, which is why i added a question mark to the end when i posted it lol

ReputationRep:
    Animals never had cell walls, we've covered that in Unit 1. Who said they have cell walls?! :eek:
    Never mind Unit 1; that's GCSE level stuff, that is.

ReputationRep:
    I always learn something new in exams. We've now learnt that athletes use a performance enhancing drug called EPO.
    :L major abuse of research for those poor anaemic's right there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    The answers and marks I'm giving are from past exam papers,

thank you.
    Not a personal attack, but from experience it can be very unnerving when people give out marks that they perceive to be from the markscheme. Often they don't reflect what is actually on the markscheme; I was worried for about 2 months after unit 1 biology as when I looked at a thread on here I thought I must have lost "X" marks, which would give me a B, when in fact I got a comfortable A.

ReputationRep:
    I need a high A in this paper, got a D in the ISA, and a high A in January. It's possible to get an A overall, but if not I can retake the ISA next year.

ReputationRep:

- more red blood cells
    - more haemoglobin
    - can carry more O2
    i only wrote it because the question specifically said LONG DISTANCE events or something like that that has to relate to endurance ~

and for the 6 marker i wrote:
    resistant bacteria arent killed by antibiotics
    larger proportion
    (because no competition for food)
    reproduce by binary fission
    genetically identical bacteria produced
    have the gene for resistance
    (vertical transmition)
    other bacteria can get a copy of the plasmid with the gene for resistance via conjugation tube
    they then are resistant
    (horizontal transmittion)
    more resistant bacteria=less affective antibiotics=difficult to treat with antibiotics ~

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post31731000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisskoli)
    i did cos its what our teacher said...that if u want to write a diff between animals and plants, that it has to specifically be CELLULOSE cell walls
    she could be wrong tho, which is why i added a question mark to the end when i posted it lol
    probably tawkin about bacteria

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be unfair if they doc marks for saying cell wall as a difference. Right from Key Stage 2 we get it drilled into us that animal cells don't have cell walls

Examining boards always ***** about how they're not trying to trick you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisskoli)
    You wouldn't of had to write cellulose cell wall in today's paper, as on the paper it had cell wall clearly labelled out, and the question just asked which of these isn't in a animal cell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylaleigh)
    I need a high A in this paper, got a D in the ISA, and a high A in January. It's possible to get an A overall, but if not I can retake the ISA next year.
    I got a high C probably in the ISA, I'll be retaking for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Eh, where on the paper was the word eukaryote mentioned?
    it had a nucleus so its eukaryotic

ReputationRep:
    Stages for mitosis?

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind cell wall you had about 4 other things to write <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    it had a nucleus so its eukaryotic
    What was the question asking?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.