Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.52%
    NO!
    71.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReMos)
    Nevermind cell wall you had about 4 other things to write <3
    if by 4 you mean 2, you are correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    Losing 30 marks will either get you a high B or low A so it's all good.

Same, I dont know... I know I've lost at least 6 marks and that's just from what I've gone through but meh, at least it's done!
    Yeh but I need a high A to get an A overall Hopefully I'm being harsh on myself, basically took away every "suggest.." mark lol

True, but I'll probably have to resit knowing my luck >.<

ReputationRep:
    it had a nucleus so its eukaryotic
    thats when the protoctistans come in and whenever you think nucleous=eukaryotic they budge in and make you feel bad ~

ReputationRep:
    the more I look on here, the more I realise I got wrong and the worse I feel...

But I just cant stop reading!!! :eek:

Really need to do some chem now too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Stages for mitosis?
    m = equator SHIZZ
    a = spindles get thicker and smaller, chromatids, ends. etc.

CBA discussing easy mitosis :L

ReputationRep:
    BTW, when people are stating "58" for A etc, are you talking about UMS? or raw grade boundary? What would an A in UMS usually be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    What was the question asking?
    why there's more amino acids or bases? not sure
    It was introns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    I got a high C probably in the ISA, I'll be retaking for sure!
    I hate the ISA's though. I had to do the second one on my own as I was on the french exchange, measuring bloody leaves at lunch time with all the lower school laughing when they passed
    MAde up my results in the end. Probably didn't help me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Not a personal attack, but from experience it can be very unnerving when people give out marks that they perceive to be from the markscheme. Often they don't reflect what is actually on the markscheme; I was worried for about 2 months after unit 1 biology as when I looked at a thread on here I thought I must have lost "X" marks, which would give me a B, when in fact I got a comfortable A.
    This is true. The examiners have a standardisation meeting where they take a sample of scripts and consider alternative answers that are not covered by the mark scheme but which are nonetheless valid, which makes predicting or trying to draw up an 'unofficial' mark scheme all the more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSLCampbell)
    BTW, when people are stating "58" for A etc, are you talking about UMS? or raw grade boundary? What would an A in UMS usually be?
    raw. I think it may be 1-2 marks lower than june2010 as they had more hsw questions. Hope so anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Raw grade boundary. An A in UMS is always the same i.e. 112 out of 140.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryProNOT)
    I was wondering how people did actually conclude it was 9 because the graph went up like, 0,2,4,6,8,10 and it was 0.4 for each graduation so 9 would have been a point that did not actually lie on the line and I'm sure it did lie on a line. However, nobody else seems to have got this so I'm obviously talking absolute nonsense haha!
    Yeah, I read it as 9.2 on the line...

I did (17.6-9.2/9.2) x 100 :/
    and got 91%.......

ReputationRep:
    I got 32% for the percentage question, did 9.1 / 14.1 x 100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    raw. I think it may be 1-2 marks lower than june2010 as they had more hsw questions. Hope so anyways.

Why does everyone go on about raw then :confused: Thought it was UMS that was important, I get given UMS grade boundaries when I get my results, so doesn't that mean I have to get something like 80 UMS (80%) for an A then? In which case if 100 UMS is 85 then it'd take something like 68 marks for me to get an A >_>

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone go on about raw then :confused: Thought it was UMS that was important, I get given UMS grade boundaries when I get my results, so doesn't that mean I have to get something like 80 UMS (80%) for an A then? In which case if 100 UMS is 85 then it'd take something like 68 marks for me to get an A >_>
    UMS = 140
    114 i think for an A UMS wise.

Cause RAW boundaries vary from time to time and lower raw boundaries means its easier to get the UMS required for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's the raw grade boundary that changes with every exam series. The UMS stays the same.

It doesn't quite work like that. You could lose 10 raw marks and still come out with 140 UMS for this paper.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php?id=04

Edit: Beaten to it.

ReputationRep:
    guys, what did you put for the cell cycle/intestine lining question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdb123)
    ^^ Sneaky mistake: The question asked for the time in minutes, not hours and minutes.

even if this was said, the mark scheme will compensate for this and allow my answer

ReputationRep:
    Wow I don't think the grade boundaries will be that high mate!

A: 56/57

ReputationRep:
    why was the dose given per unit mass per unit time? :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.