Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Me tooo
    The first set of pages was awesome
    then came onto the hsw questions
    :eek:
    Yeah, so many random 2 mark questions about nothing interesting. I got bored so counted them and there was 26 lol.

Knowledgey questions seemed pretty reasonable though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    eveeerrrrrr
    Hahahaha OH, YOU! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Me tooo
    The first set of pages was awesome
    then came onto the hsw questions
    :eek:
    I didn't realise I completed question 2. I was writing some answers down for question 3 and I checked the time and about 15 minutes had gone, I was like that was quick, when did I do question 2?

I went back and checked and realised question 2 was worth 4 marks, like wtf?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    I didn't realise I completed question 2. I was writing some answers down for question 3 and I checked the time and about 15 minutes had gone, I was like that was quick, when did I do question 2?

Ohh :L
    LOL
    I'm quite worried in terms of the markscheme, loads of people here have written different answers for the same question
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    I know what you mean... I would hate to ever think I'd done well then not. That's never happened to me but that would be awful!

Haha, thanks. I'd rather Bio was in the morning but ahh well.

I have Chem on Fri then French on the 6th, joy. :p: Tomorrow is my 1st exam. Dw, revision will be done soon, no more for like 7 months!
    Sorry for the late reply thought it was time to actually start revising
    hahaa.. how did you find it? I thought i went okay..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)

Can't even remember what question 2 was about >.

Oxygen dissociation curve page was only 5 marks too, and like 3 of them were tissue fluid .

ReputationRep:
    Ohh :L
    LOL
    I'm quite worried in terms of the markscheme, loads of people here have written different answers for the same question
    LOL
    Which question(s)? I'll have a go >, probably different to everyone else .

ReputationRep:
    I just feel like i've failed....ugh well gotta get back to chem revision...was not looking forward to bio exam :[ I wanna know how I've done with like an unofficial markscheme or w/e atleast i won't be in for a shock of how crappy ive done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    Which question(s)? I'll have a go >, probably different to everyone else .
    LOL
    why B has a lower change in mass or something
    i basically wrote about a reduced water potential gradient, thus losing less water etc..

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    why B has a lower change in mass or something
    i basically wrote about a reduced water potential gradient, thus losing less water etc..
    Oh gah that one I just wrote alotttt of different stuff haha.

Went for some stomata covered by grease so water will take longer to diffuse out, also said the actual thickness of the leaf will be increased, increasing diffusion pathway so water loss is reduced through the leaf. And put less light will be able to be absorbed (no idea if this is true :P) so less photosynthesis will be taking place, hence less exchange gases required and stomata can close. And about water potential.

Was a "**** it go for a mark " question .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftMusk)
    I just feel like i've failed....ugh well gotta get back to chem revision...was not looking forward to bio exam :[ I wanna know how I've done with like an unofficial markscheme or w/e atleast i won't be in for a shock of how crappy ive done
    ye agreed, we need an unofficial mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    i dnt know how people got 3 cycles produces 8 cells coz ther r two produced in one cycle 2x4 = 8 so i timesd it by 4 not 3??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReMos)
    I put that that in B the grease covered the stomatal pores which did not allow water to leave through the stomata which prevented loss in eater which reduced loss in mass not sure if that is right tho
    well i thought it didnt completely prevent water loss, because on the graph it did show water lost from the leaf covered in grease so i wrote it increased the distance of the diffusion pathway therefore reducing the amount of water lost :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edebsi10)
    i dnt know how people got 3 cycles produces 8 cells coz ther r two produced in one cycle 2x4 = 8 so i timesd it by 4 not 3??
    No, it doubles each time:

1 cell splits, so 2 cells produced. These 2 cells split, so 4 cells produced. These 4 cells split, so 8 cells produced.

3 cycles required for all that .

ReputationRep:

I require this thread to become closed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologyunit1may16)
    ye agreed, we need an unofficial mark scheme.
    yerrr....but how do we go about getting one???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)

I require this thread to become closed!
    Is that the fat controller from Thomas the Tank Engine or the Monopoly man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisskoli)
    some animal cells have cell walls.... its cellulose cell walls that are only in plants?
    I'm pretty sure only plants/prokaryotae have cell walls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edebsi10)
    You should of drawn it out in the exam.

C will represent the cell:

C
    C C (1)
    C C C C (2)
    C C C C C C C C (3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftMusk)
    yerrr....but how do we go about getting one???
    work together, someone make a new thread, everyone puts down all the questions they can remember, suggests answers are used as the real asnwers. done

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.