Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnookerLoopy)
    Hey what did people put as the % increase? I am not sure if it was 62% or 55.55%?
    It was like 55.5555555, so I guess 55.6 or 55.56 is best .

ReputationRep:
    what about the graph on MRSA and why it isnt clear all incidences of death are due to MRSA? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen-marie1992)
    what about the graph on MRSA and why it isnt clear all incidences of death are due to MRSA? :s
    I said because the other infections may kill people so hard to see if it was just MRSA?

ReputationRep:
    And for the similar shape i wrote about competitive inhibitors, etc..
    Urgh i'm frustratedd =( I think i effed up the whole leaf question.

ReputationRep:
    correlation doesn't mean cause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    I said because the other infections may kill people so hard to see if it was just MRSA?
    Think I went for something along those lines, it said in the paragraph it may kill people who are seriously ill. So figured alot of the deaths could of just been down to the other serious illnesses, hard to tell .

Found the 1 marker questions the hardest to actually answer in the paper >.<

ReputationRep:
    thanx bro , have you got summarised notes on unit 4, many thanx.

ReputationRep:
    1 markers are always the hardest.
    Such as why synthetic EPO (or whatever) increased blood pressure?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    And for the similar shape i wrote about competitive inhibitors, etc..
    same broski
    was that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    Think I went for something along those lines, it said in the paragraph it may kill people who are seriously ill. So figured alot of the deaths could of just been down to the other serious illnesses, hard to tell .

Found the 1 marker questions the hardest to actually answer in the paper >.<
    The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)
    The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the &quot;why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms&quot; one.
    - I said identified anomolies in results ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jim lee)
    the question was about how its hard to identify its mrsa-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt mrsa.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.
    i know
    i was like wtf do i write so i just wrote "it allows easy comparison" which is obviously wrong. Aqa are the bane of my life.

ReputationRep:
    lost 5 marks so far :/

ReputationRep:
    i know
    i was like wtf do i write so i just wrote "it allows easy comparison" which is obviously wrong. Aqa are the bane of my life.
    me too! Thank god it's over with for now, OCR chem next :/

ReputationRep:
    WHO KNOWS..
    That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.

ReputationRep:
    I just guessed that was because it increases RBC production, more stuff in the same amount of space inevitably = higher pressure .

Only question on paper I couldn't be bothered to think through was why they used unit per mass and unit per time or something. Had lost the will to think through these crappy questions by then and just wrote some dribble :P.

ReputationRep:
    - I said identified anomolies in results ?
    I wrote that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymaymo)
    yeah it was 3, I didn't mention diffusion but osmosis instead?
    yes osmosis is correct, i didnt mention hydrostatic pressure but mentioned ozmosis and lymphatic system, hopefully that will get me 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    WHO KNOWS..
    That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.
    well, has someone offered a better answer than the competitive inhibitors question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)

It would of been fine if it just said use 10 leaves, I didn't really get the relevance of the measurement though. I just said increases reliability, being able to use a mean etc :|.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.