Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    For the frogs eggs one I failed greatly. I put since they are small they are overlooked by the pesticide sprayers and so are attacked by the pesticide....

DOH
    *epic double face palm moment*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    It would of been fine if it just said use 10 leaves, I didn't really get the relevance of the measurement though. I just said increases reliability, being able to use a mean etc :|.
    This paper seemed trickier than the june2010 paper. ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    For the frogs eggs one I failed greatly. I put since they are small they are overlooked by the pesticide sprayers and so are attacked by the pesticide....

DOH
    *epic double face palm moment*
    LOL I wrote some crap shizz too.. forgot about sa:v

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I didn't find the June 2010 paper too bad when we went through it in class.
    There was nothing on classification! I wanted it to come up !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen-marie1992)
    1 markers are always the hardest.
    Such as why synthetic EPO (or whatever) increased blood pressure?!
    For that one, I put that EPO increases the number of red blood cells in the body, so there are more red blood cells in a given amount of space, which results in a pressure increase.

Some of the stuff on there was really random though... ah well, that's what the 65% grade boundaries are for :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Same thing that always happens when I do these aqa biology exams

I open the paper thinking wooop easy Q's Lol.....

...Only to be stuck on the sneaky 1 markers and HSW nonsense thruout the paper D:

Hopefully got an A, but who knows?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=M | k e;31735517]I just guessed that was because it increases RBC production, more stuff in the same amount of space inevitably = higher pressure .

- Sounds right, i said more RBC so when elastic tissues layer expands during cardiac systole this increases it but only 1 mark so that's a tangent. So nervous

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ellen-marie1992;31735714]
    I just guessed that was because it increases RBC production, more stuff in the same amount of space inevitably = higher pressure .

- Sounds right, i said more RBC so when elastic tissues layer expands during cardiac systole this increases it but only 1 mark so that's a tangent. So nervous
    did blood vessels come up?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Seen alot of people saying they found it easier than usual though. I agree with you though probably, the actual biology side of it wasn't really bad, but there just seemed to be alot more 1/2 markers that were hsw all over the place, and alot of them were pretty awkward to find what they were looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidneyjean)
    For that one, I put that EPO increases the number of red blood cells in the body, so there are more red blood cells in a given amount of space, which results in a pressure increase.

Some of the stuff on there was really random though... ah well, that's what the 65% grade boundaries are for :rolleyes:
    - so what is the grade boundary for 'A' and 'B' do you know? I got a C last year and revised a fair amount this year and doesnt seem to have paid off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymaymo)
    I got 55.6 %
    do you think 56% is ok? i wrote 56 on the answer line but in my working out i left it as 55.5 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight_sun)
    do you think 56% is ok? i wrote 56 on the answer line but in my working out i left it as 55.5 :confused:
    You'll be fine, AQA are normally more lenient on sig figs.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=maymaymo;31735741]
    (Original post by ellen-marie1992)

did blood vessels come up?!
    Not directly from what I remember, there was just a question why the pressure in blood vessels would increase when that synthetic EPO was administered (for 1 mark). And the question about tissue fluid was vaguely related. Nothing about structure from what I remember though .

(Or was there one name 2 differences between artery and vein? Or was that a practice paper I did :P )

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=M | k e;31735834]

Not directly from what I remember, there was just a question why the pressure in blood vessels would increase when that synthetic EPO was administered (for 1 mark). And the question about tissue fluid was vaguely related. Nothing about structure from what I remember though .

(Or was there one name 2 differences between artery and vein? Or was that a practice paper I did :P )
    oh I got the tissue fluid one, but I was totally lost about the blood vessels, said something about how there was now more RBC so the heart had to pump harder due to more cells in the blood.

Woah now you're scaring me, I don't think structure of blood vessels came up or else I missed easy marks ;P

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=M | k e;31735834]

that would have been the past paper i remember that wasnt todays

ReputationRep:
    Frogs eggs = small, this means large SA:Vol ratio. So the pesticide chemicals can diffuse into the eggs and have the negative effects.

Evaporation one I went for: More water loss from eggs as water evaporates, so they bring in more water via osmosis, the water is polluted, so speeds up the process.
    I dont think it really speeds up the process
    I think is the concentration of the pesticides increase

since only less volume of h2o in the pond but the amount of pesticides keep the same

ReputationRep:
    For the high pressure one I put the heart pumps harder and has to contract more as the mass of the blood increases due to the new cells. etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Same thing that always happens when I do these aqa biology exams

I open the paper thinking wooop easy Q's Lol.....

...Only to be stuck on the sneaky 1 markers and HSW nonsense thruout the paper D:

Hopefully got an A, but who knows?
    LOL
    you will
    which questions did you get wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    For the high pressure one I put the heart pumps harder and has to contract more as the mass of the blood increases due to the new cells. etc
    sameeeeeeeeeee!!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for why older people are more prone to C Difficile...

Out of interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.