Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.52%
    NO!
    71.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    What did you guys put for why older people are more prone to C Difficile...

Out interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?
    I wrote that they're more immunosupressed

ReputationRep:
    that older people would have a weaker immune system , hence more likely need to be treated for illnesses/diseases with antibiotics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H2SO4)
    I dont think it really speeds up the process
    I think is the concentration of the pesticides increase

since only less volume of h2o in the pond but the amount of pesticides keep the same
    Could of been, guess it depends how much evaporation, I imagine ponds pretty big and evaporation wouldn't have a huge effect on that.

I was going more off say transpiration in a leaf, the more heat/evaporation, increased water loss and more gets taken up. And in animals, sweating etc, evaporation, more needs to be taken up.

No idea what eggs do exactly to lose water, just kinda went along the same sort of lines though .

Was only 1 mark anyway wasn't it? Either answer seems to make sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    LOL
    you will
    which questions did you get wrong?
    Missed like 2 questions due to running out of time, were like 2markers tho

Rushed the athlete question, and the ones after it because I missed the page (this was when the invid was like "5 mins left, so I looked thru my paper, only to find I had a page missing)

Misread the graph, so failed the percentage increase even tho I was sure I got it correct? :eek:

Misread the cell cyle question, so I got that wrong (x8) :L

My concentration must have been worse then I thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuy)
    that older people would have a weaker immune system , hence more likely need to be treated for illnesses/diseases with antibiotics.
    Yeah I put that and the fact that in their lifetime they may have come into contact with more antibiotics so either the C Difficile becomes more resistant or more of the harmless bacteria are killed resulting in even less competition.

ReputationRep:

Out interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?
    I underlined it aswell, wrote something like their cells which compete with the bacteria thingy have died out so there will be no competition etc etc.

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah you are supposed to underline in classification for correctness haha.. No way will there be any marks off for that though . I didn't .

I just said they're more likely to be suffering from an illness that requires antibiotics = less competition for the bacteria = more likely to feel effects of them kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    why does first Q every1 write cell walls which is not 100% sfae

just put chloropalsts and starch storage lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    Missed like 2 questions due to running out of time, were like 2markers tho

Rushed the athlete question, and the ones after it because I missed the page (this was when the invid was like "5 mins left, so I looked thru my paper, only to find I had a page missing)

Misread the graph, so failed the percentage increase even tho I was sure I got it correct? :eek:

Misread the cell cyle question, so I got that wrong (x8) :L

My concentration must have been worse then I thought
    Everyone here read it as '4', but i thought it was a decimal. Which I strongly believe is right

I got the cell cycle wrong too,and the base pairings, and also... the FISH question (oh god, 0 AND 0 for that).
    Rest should be fine hopefully
    OH WAIT. AND THE LEAF QUESTION!
    :L

ReputationRep:
    sameeeeeeeeeee!!
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Gutted symplast and apoplastic pathway didn't come up

ReputationRep:
    WHO KNOWS..
    That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.
    I wrote that it increases the vicosity of the blood and therefore the heart has to pump more powerfully (therefore exerting more pressure) to move it.

I know I spelt vicosity wrong though. Google Chrome is telling me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)

Call Wall is not 100% safe!?!??! Are you kidding me?!?!?!? On the basis of A levels Cell Wall is definitely a feature that does NOT feature in animals but rather plants.

ReputationRep:

Because we're always taught that cell walls = prokaryotes + plant cells, and animal cells don't contain them. It's not going to be a trick question, it'll be based off the knowledge we're supposed to know, so why wouldn't cell walls be safe? Pretty sure I've never been taught of an animal cell containing cell walls .

ReputationRep:

I put chloroplasts and starch storage, didn't even see cell walls!

ReputationRep:
    guys so was the percetnage increase 55.6% then????

any1 confirm?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put that and the fact that in their lifetime they may have come into contact with more antibiotics so either the C Difficile becomes more resistant or more of the harmless bacteria are killed resulting in even less competition.
    :O That was only one mark i think?!
    I just explained a little what i meant by immunosupressed but my idea is correct!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone here read it as '4', but i thought it was a decimal. Which I strongly believe is right

I got the cell cycle wrong too,and the base pairings, and also... the FISH question (oh god, 0 AND 0 for that).
    Rest should be fine hopefully
    OH WAIT. AND THE LEAF QUESTION!
    :L
    What did you put for the classification one? That was like almost a trick question but I read it again like 5 times because I was paranoid

I somehow got the base pars one right, after like 7mins of thinking

ReputationRep:
    the person who was saying cell wall is cellulose in plants is talking RUBBISH. Prokaryotics have cellulose cell wall, eukaroytics have peptidogylan. BUT THEY ARE PLANTS. K THANKS BYE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    Could of been, guess it depends how much evaporation, I imagine ponds pretty big and evaporation wouldn't have a huge effect on that.

I was going more off say transpiration in a leaf, the more heat/evaporation, increased water loss and more gets taken up. And in animals, sweating etc, evaporation, more needs to be taken up.

No idea what eggs do exactly to lose water, just kinda went along the same sort of lines though .

Was only 1 mark anyway wasn't it? Either answer seems to make sense to me.
    i remember its 2 mark

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.