Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftylol)
    What did you put for the classification one? That was like almost a trick question but I read it again like 5 times because I was paranoid

I somehow got the base pars one right, after like 7mins of thinking
    Which classification one? :O cant remember

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah was it just me that found the fill in the table of A's T's C's and G's a bit awkward? Or was it just because I didn't read it at first.

I thought strand A was a piece of DNA and strand B was a piece of DNA at first, as opposed to them being the 2 strands of 1 piece of DNA. And I read 74 base pairs, as 74 bases xD.

Guessing it was supposed to be A's from one matched T's from the other, and C's from one matched G's from the other. And total adding up to 148 bases .

Think that's what I ended up doing in the end.

ReputationRep:
    guys so was the percetnage increase 55.6% then????

any1 confirm?

guys why put for 1st Q cell wall, wen u can be safe and put chloropalst and starch storage instead LOOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    was the frog egg question why the frog eggs were more or less prone to the effects of the pesticide :s I have feeling I wrote the answer wrong, cause I wrote an answer for why the eggs would be easily 'attacked' so to speak by the pesticide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I wrote that they're more immunosupressed
    The thing is the question has mentioned children and adults are alright with the bacteria

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you think will be needed for a C?

ReputationRep:
    the person who was saying cell wall is cellulose in plants is talking RUBBISH. Prokaryotics have cellulose cell wall, eukaroytics have peptidogylan. BUT THEY ARE PLANTS. K THANKS BYE.
    What fish question?

And Loooool I knew that animal cells dont have cell walls when I was in primary school... A level students not knowing that is worrying, oh well atleast they bring down grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)
    The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.
    I wrote that 1 leaf wouldn't weigh very much, but 10 leaves would have a weight :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottenott)
    the six marker apoplastic pathway question was solid!
    ????????????

ReputationRep:
    Which classification one? :O cant remember
    DNA Hybridisation, with the table asking which to were most paired. I put the top one I think, as the bottom two were both the same species.

ReputationRep:
    are you sure you're on the AQA exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)

any1 confirm?

guys why put for 1st Q cell wall, wen u can be safe and put chloropalst and starch storage instead LOOOOOOOL
    Yes 55.56% is the general answer most seem to have gotten. So yeah, pretty much confirmed unless 90% of the people here are wrong .

Why is cell wall any less safe than chloroplast and starch storage. They're all right.

ReputationRep:
    apoplastic lol

6 marker was antibiotics

any1 confirm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effkayy)
    ????????????
    where?!?! Have a missed a q??? Aarghhhh

ReputationRep:
    - what exam were you doing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftMusk)
    How many marks do you think will be needed for a C?
    Marks? I'd say about 45 maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Nice try, but **** off.

ReputationRep:
    DNA Hybridisation, with the table asking which to were most paired. I put the top one I think, as the bottom two were both the same species.
    i dunno
    !!
    i really cannot remember!! =(
    But the one after i talked about more temp needed to seperate the ones which are closely related etc.. hydrogen bonds. I dunno i've dropped so many marks i can see my self get out of the 'A' boundary.

ReputationRep:
    ????????????
    Oh dear
    pray for u

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah, I was like WHY have the bothered putting in the "hybrids" from the same species :|. Just made the table confusing to read, but yeah it was Grus americano (or sumit) and Grus monachus I think. As they had the highest % hybridisation out of the 3 non-same-species data.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.