The Student Room Group

Salters Chemistry F335- June Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamesrb
I'm bricking it. I think I need 159/210 marks between F335 and F334 (we were advised to take them both in June) to get a B overall which I will need for my firm.

What the hell can I do?! I've almost finished reading everything in CI for F335, then plan to just do past papers all day every day until the exam. I don't know how I'm going to remember the toolkit either :frown:

The toolkit is just reactions we've done in the past and a lot of them you will have revised for F334 :smile: what I've done is made cue cards with the reaction on one side and the conditions/reagents on the other! There's not going to be loadsa marks for knowing conditions so don't stress too much! Just revise it as much as you can :smile: and you're doing the right thing learn eveything first and then do past papers - remember there's only 2 past papers for f335 of our spec idk how many for f334 :smile: you've still got quite a while left so don't panic!! Just do as much as you can and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by SmileyGurl13
The toolkit is just reactions we've done in the past and a lot of them you will have revised for F334 :smile: what I've done is made cue cards with the reaction on one side and the conditions/reagents on the other! There's not going to be loadsa marks for knowing conditions so don't stress too much! Just revise it as much as you can :smile: and you're doing the right thing learn eveything first and then do past papers - remember there's only 2 past papers for f335 of our spec idk how many for f334 :smile: you've still got quite a while left so don't panic!! Just do as much as you can and you'll be fine :smile:

Thanks for that :smile:

One problem is that I haven't revised much for F334 yet as it's on the 24th June...but I realise that the stuff we learned for it is involved and could come up in F335 :s-smilie:
Reply 82
Original post by Dandan10
same...i only used my CGP revision book and also a F214 unit guide for my Jan exam. however i got a C, and 6 UMS marks off a B. And I think the chemical ideas textbook is very confusing and quite complicated to understand. But do u think it will get me a B for this paper if I just read the CGP and unit guide book ? Also I have done about15 past papers so far.. However i think the exam is getting harder and harder every year compare to the exam paper in 2005 :s-smilie:

Im not using CGP anymore, using that Revision guide for OCR :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Jamesrb
Thanks for that :smile:

One problem is that I haven't revised much for F334 yet as it's on the 24th June...but I realise that the stuff we learned for it is involved and could come up in F335 :s-smilie:

I have never ever learnt the reagents/conditions for any reaction, I managed 270/300 in AS. You only loose 2-3marks per paper tops, its so pointless you could spend your time learning stuff worth the rest of the 117UMS lol.
I have found the Jan 2011 F335 paper after lots of searching, and uploaded them to scribd:

F335 January 2011 paper:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57514730/F335-Jan-2011

F335 January 2011 MS:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57514729/F335-Jan-2011-MS
:biggrin:
Reply 85
Can some1 please help me with this question ( June 2007 legacy paper): I am quite confused with the mole mass, RAM calculation :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: arghhh

The international Olympic Committee has set a limit of 2 x 10^-9 gcm^-3 of norandrosterone in urine. Above that they will take action.

The urine of an athlete was analysed and shown to have a concentration of 2.2 x 10^-9 moldm^-3 of norandrosterone.

1) Calculate how many grams per cm^3 this represents.

Ar: C -12 H - 1 O - 16
Norandrosterone = C18H28O2
Reply 86
Can anyone help with a question on the F335 JANUARY 2011 Paper.

It is question 4e).. Calculation question. I got the mark scheme, but how did they get the [H+]. Help :/
Reply 87

It is question 4e).. Calculation question. I got the mark scheme, but how did they get the [H+]. Help :/
i've been neglecting chemistry and I still have no idea what the hell nmr does or is :s-smilie:
Reply 89
Original post by ManPowa

They've given you the ph value in the question which is 7.4. So on your calculator press shift and the "log" function then type -7.4 and equals you should get a value of 3.98*10^-8. This is the value for H+. Hope this helps. :biggrin:
I thought the practical techniques were only for F334 :s-smilie: I haven't seen them in any past papers for F335 but please correct me if I'm wrong!!
Reply 91
Original post by SmileyGurl13
I thought the practical techniques were only for F334 :s-smilie: I haven't seen them in any past papers for F335 but please correct me if I'm wrong!!

F334 is the one with all the practical techniques in, and unless the examiners are feeling particularly synoptic, they shouldn't come up.
Reply 92
It's annoying for those of us that didn't take F334 in January, as we have to do F335 BEFORE F334. Does this mean I need to cram F334 material too?
Reply 93
Original post by Jamesrb
It's annoying for those of us that didn't take F334 in January, as we have to do F335 BEFORE F334. Does this mean I need to cram F334 material too?

You dont necessarily need to go through everything from F334 just go through the optical isomerism, esters, acids and bases, the nucleophillic addition mechanism with aldehydes and ketones, the oxidation of alcohols which comes up in f332 anyway. You need to make sure you know the colour change of this oxidation reaction which is orange to green. Also the test for phenols. Neutral iron (III) chloride and if phenol present purple solution formed. Thats about it i think. :biggrin:
Reply 94
What have people scored in the Specimen paper?

Ive just did it for the first time, wanted to compare!
Original post by Legit
What have people scored in the Specimen paper?

Ive just did it for the first time, wanted to compare!

I got 85% :biggrin: missed a 5 marker completely though
Reply 96
would someone kindly confirm the following:

Is this a synoptic paper?
Will Unit 4 stuff come up?
Reply 97
Which past papers are you guys using cos on the ocr website there's only one f335 past paper i can find. What code do the legacy papers similar to f335 have? :/
Reply 98
Original post by maddy1993
Which past papers are you guys using cos on the ocr website there's only one f335 past paper i can find. What code do the legacy papers similar to f335 have? :/

Code is 2854
Reply 99
Original post by tkoki1993
I got 85% :biggrin: missed a 5 marker completely though

85%? Thats loads!

Was it your first time?

Quick Reply

Latest