Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    85%? Thats loads!

Was it your first time?
    Yup but ive done loads of exam style questions from my teacher before it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Yup but ive done loads of exam style questions from my teacher before it though
    How did you score 85%?!

I scored 73.3% wtf.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if it's not on the specification sober have to revise it?

Eg) Polymers and Electrode potentials?

According to the revision guide they're not in the f335 spec so can anyone confirm that?
    I always though we had to know everything from A2 and AS A's I could be tested?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    How did you score 85%?!

I scored 73.3% wtf.
    73.3% is good for a first attempt. I always score high in the mocks and panic in the real exam and flop. what matters the most is what you get on wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Guys, if it's not on the specification sober have to revise it?

Eg) Polymers and Electrode potentials?

According to the revision guide they're not in the f335 spec so can anyone confirm that?
    I always though we had to know everything from A2 and AS A's I could be tested?
    Tbh, its worth while knowing. But IMO electrode potentials are too far off A2 topics in F335, unlikely they'll bother. Polymers seems more realistic though.

ReputationRep:
    73.3% is good for a first attempt. I always score high in the mocks and panic in the real exam and flop. what matters the most is what you get on wednesday
    Its crap! I need 86.7% average MINIMUM :'( in F335 + F334 for my A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Its crap! I need 86.7% average MINIMUM :'( in F335 + F334 for my A*
    86.7%? why not 90?

ReputationRep:
    86.7%? why not 90?
    Scored 88/90 in coursework

But so far it looks like its going to a waste, I scored 90% in AS, but in Jan F334 I got a C. Resitting for that A*, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)

But so far it looks like its going to a waste, I scored 90% in AS, but in Jan F334 I got a C. Resitting for that A*, hopefully.
    well ur in a much better position than me... im currently averaging a high B/ low A for chemistry... the highest percentage ive got is 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)

That coursework score... :lolwut:

I thought getting above 80 was supposed to be really difficult? Did you mark it yourself or something? Maybe my Chem teacher is just a really harsh marker 88 pages of PAIN!

ReputationRep:
    well ur in a much better position than me... im currently averaging a high B/ low A for chemistry... the highest percentage ive got is 80%
    Lol, you beat me in this specimen, hence you'll do better in A2. I can get A easily, only need to average a D/E or so. Getting A* is killing me.

And do you have your marks for Jun-10/Jan-11 for F335 papers?

You also do Biology Salters Edexcel right? Yopu got any marks that you scored for Unit 4/Unit 5 papers?

ReputationRep:

I thought getting above 80 was supposed to be really difficult? Did you mark it yourself or something? Maybe my Chem teacher is just a really harsh marker 88 pages of PAIN!
    I made up every single one of my results mine was around 50 pages. All I did was get my hands on my friends coursework who scored 86/90 last year. Did exact same thing, with my 'bonus' and scored 88/90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Lol, you beat me in this specimen, hence you'll do better in A2. I can get A easily, only need to average a D/E or so. Getting A* is killing me.

And do you have your marks for Jun-10/Jan-11 for F335 papers?

You also do Biology Salters Edexcel right? Yopu got any marks that you scored for Unit 4/Unit 5 papers?
    I've only done the specimen paper for F335
    Biology unit 4 did in Jan and got 120 UMS
    Unit 5 I got 83.3% in both including the advanced notice questions

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Legit)
    I made up every single one of my results mine was around 50 pages. All I did was get my hands on my friends coursework who scored 86/90 last year. Did exact same thing, with my 'bonus' and scored 88/90
    I think the secret to a good F336 is writing bullcrap but knowing you're writing bull...
    I realised that too late..

ReputationRep:
    Panicking about the synoptic element of this unit...pretty much sorted on the new units, but I still need to go through and relearn all the boring **** I've forgotten from AS/before Jan. Does anyone know if the storylines stuff is at all likely to come up again? And do you reckon more specific topics like electrode potentials or DNA might come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)
    Panicking about the synoptic element of this unit...pretty much sorted on the new units, but I still need to go through and relearn all the boring **** I've forgotten from AS/before Jan. Does anyone know if the storylines stuff is at all likely to come up again? And do you reckon more specific topics like electrode potentials or DNA might come up?
    OCR have very kindly indicated in the spec all the synoptic elements of this unit. So unlike most other subjects we know what synoptic stuff is in it. If its not in the spec then its not in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I've only done the specimen paper for F335
    Biology unit 4 did in Jan and got 120 UMS
    Unit 5 I got 83.3% in both including the advanced notice questions
    Ahh I did BIO4 this January, got A on the dot. Ive lacked big time in A2 :'(
    I haven't done the Unit 5 papers yet at all , just a thought. Since you did the advanced notice questions for the past papers, what sort of questions come up? Are they all related to what you learn or is there some 'new' stuff outside the syallabus? Anything you've noticed? Type of questions? Hard/easy? Anything you can tell me please!

ReputationRep:
    OCR have very kindly indicated in the spec all the synoptic elements of this unit. So unlike most other subjects we know what synoptic stuff is in it. If its not in the spec then its not in the exam.
    I unabashedly love you and want to bear your children.

SERIOUSLY!?! I've been working with the specification, and I saw the brackets with synoptic written, but our teachers told us that anything from the two years could come up, so I assumed that was just aimed at giving us a bit more direction and shaping the teaching of each unit. This has honestly made my life. Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    achieved a B in my f335 mock; watch my mind turn to crap in the exam .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Ahh I did BIO4 this January, got A on the dot. Ive lacked big time in A2 :'(
    I haven't done the Unit 5 papers yet at all , just a thought. Since you did the advanced notice questions for the past papers, what sort of questions come up? Are they all related to what you learn or is there some 'new' stuff outside the syallabus? Anything you've noticed? Type of questions? Hard/easy? Anything you can tell me please!
    you can pretty much do the article questions without knowing the article.. i got 22/30 on the article question and thats from reading it on the bus ride to school. But knowing the article inside out saves you a lot of time so you can go back to questions you dont really understand

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.