The Student Room Group

Did you fill in your census form?

Scroll to see replies

From the people who have started the work already, they've said (in my area) that people have almost always been fine. It's not advertised and none of the training say it's a hostile job - but don't hide the fact that we could come across hostile people

The obvious way to prevent getting a criminal record is to fill in the census. Some of the London boroughs had poor return rates during the last census and as a result have had less funding than they should have done, which has had detrimental effects on various aspects of living in those areas
Original post by GwrxVurfer
That isn't hostile in of itself. It's the implication (and the admission) that they won't take no for an answer, and will hound you for it.

They don't hound you. They will remind you that it's illegal not to, and advise you to do it... But they won't "demand" it because they themselves don't have the authority. If you refuse, they will leave, someone else will come and demand it.
Reply 142
Original post by GwrxVurfer
So you admit it - You demand the questionnaires. You just send over other people to do the actual "This is your last chance to comply" crap.

I make no secret of it, I think anyone who seriously expects to take on a hostile job without receiving any complaints is, by definition, an idiot.

EVERYONE
on here is telling you the same thing! Its not a hostile job!! I am not an idiot, so stop being all high and mighty for christ sake! As a collector i do not demand questionnaires. How many freakin times!? Non compliance officers visit people who have refused to try and persuade them, if still no luck, a fine is issued. Stop being so ridiculous and accept the truth that me and everyone else is telling you!!
Reply 143
I think it's possibly all too self absorbed to think like that (the first post) as you're not one in a million there will be others ticking the same boxes as you.
Aye, I didn't realise though that when it said 'What is your job?' it meant 'what do you work as?'

I replied 'scheidt'.
Reply 145
Why have people not realised that it isn't witty or make you a cool person saving the world by filling out dumbass answers on your census form? You're not sticking it to the man by not filling in the census correctly, and no-ones going to see the penis you drew, it's all done by computer.

It isn't even that personal either, I didn't find any of the information that personal, you could learn more about me from Facebook or my student file with the uni.
On a lighter note I'd want to be the one reviewing the census forms for student accommodation, the amount of people who either filled theirs in themselves or had someone else fill it in while absolutely mortal was insane.
Reply 146
Funnily enough as an erasmus student i both appear as a guest at my girlfriends house and as living at home as its my main address - i wonder how many people will appear several times
Yeah I did, it's not as if the information was all that personal and it's information which if they could be bothered to they'd be able to collate anyway (HMRC for my employment info, NHS medical records for health info etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending