Turn on thread page Beta

What to do? Split or keep? watch

Basically known a girl for sixth months, she said she loves me and I love her too. This week she got asked out by a guy and she said yes to him. This made me angry so I asked her, and she said, "to get over you, but i love you". So she loves me but she's with him. This makes no sense to me, so I don't know what to do. Should I just be friends? Should I keep texting her and call her? Or should I WAIT for her reply?

ReputationRep:
    Well why does she need to 'get over you'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically known a girl for sixth months, she said she loves me and I love her too. This week she got asked out by a guy and she said yes to him. This made me angry so I asked her, and she said, "to get over you, but i love you". So she loves me but she's with him. This makes no sense to me, so I don't know what to do. Should I just be friends? Should I keep texting her and call her? Or should I WAIT for her reply?
    what?

Seriously?!

(Original post by hellobonjour)
    Well why does she need to 'get over you'?
    She says she doesnt know

(Original post by H.JJJ)
    what?

Seriously?!
    Yes! No joke.

ReputationRep:
    are you together? or just like each other mutually? please elaborate

(Original post by spritzelme)
    are you together? or just like each other mutually? please elaborate

We love each other. Nope, we were together for a week then she split for no reason she wouldn't tell me the reason. Then she went on to a new guy. And still says she loves me

ReputationRep:
    She's a ***** taking you for a *****.

ReputationRep:
    She says she doesnt know

Well clearly she's under the impression that you don't reciprocate her feelings. She may be expecting you to take action, which is slightly unfair, but often girls wait for the guy.

Edit: I didn't see the bit about being together for a week. Either you screwed up, or she wants her cake and to eat it too.

ReputationRep:
    lol split? get the hint

Well clearly she's under the impression that you don't reciprocate her feelings. She may be expecting you to take action, which is slightly unfair, but often girls wait for the guy.
    So how would I do that?

Edit: I didn't see the bit about being together for a week. Either you screwed up, or she wants her cake and to eat it too.
    I text her everyday and she texts me everyday and literally call each other every few days. Also, I text her everyday saying I love you.

ReputationRep:
    So how would I do that?
    I didn't realise you had actually been together "officially" at some point, so ignore that.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it. She obviously doesn't love you, she is lying for whatever reason.

I didn't realise you had actually been together "officially" at some point, so ignore that.
    What would your advice be?

ReputationRep:
    What would your advice be?

Okay, I would ask her why she broke up with me and why she needs to get 'over me' as clear I demonstrate why there is no need for that due to my feelings.

Then I would walk away.

Clearly if she's with some other guy she does not love you that much, harsh but it's true. She needs to sort herself out, as it seems like she is leading you on.

I dont really get the title of this thread

split or keep?

but you're not together anyway so you cant split and if shes going out with some other guy now then you cant keep her either

you just need to move on shes taking you for a ride

ReputationRep:
    I thought it said "spit, or keep" :| :L

ReputationRep:
    Honestly cut contact , shes talking to you as an ego booster most likely , if she wanted you she would have not cared for anyone else and not left you in the first placee..
    I can understand why you maybe blinded to it , but honestly the best thing is to split......

ReputationRep:
    dump her and never speak to her again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.