Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle univerisity have still not replied to me on whether or not I have recieved an offer from their Business, Accounting and Finance course. I am getting really worried because the deadline on Ucas is the 6th May and i've already called the university three times... Should I call again

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

ReputationRep:
    is it your only option???

ReputationRep:
    No, i've got an offer from Manchester uni, Nottingham uni and Liverpool uni. All similar offers, but it will not allow me to even accept any yet untill Newcastle has replied.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Be patient, they still have time to reply. You said you've phoned them several times, I presume this is to ask what is happening with your application, what did they say?

(Original post by Ade1992)
    No, i've got an offer from Manchester uni, Nottingham uni and Liverpool uni. All similar offers, but it will not allow me to even accept any yet untill Newcastle has replied.
    If you were 100% sure you didn't want to go to Newcastle, you could withdraw your choice from there and could then make other unis your firm (and insurance).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Be patient, they still have time to reply. You said you've phoned them several times, I presume this is to ask what is happening with your application, what did they say?

If you were 100% sure you didn't want to go to Newcastle, you could withdraw your choice from there and could then make other unis your firm (and insurance).
    Yes that is correct, and they told me they will get back to me by the 31st. Do you think I should call them back ?

Newcastle will be my first choice if i get into the uni, so think i may just give it a little longer.
    Positive Rating!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yes that is correct, and they told me they will get back to me by the 31st. Do you think I should call them back ?

Newcastle will be my first choice if i get into the uni, so think i may just give it a little longer.
    Positive Rating!
    You don't need to call them although feel free to if you want. They aim to reply to everyone by the 31st March but they don't always manage this. Give them a call if you want just explaining you were told by the uni you would hear back by the 31st March and haven't. I'm afraid it's just a waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go there and as you don't have to make any decision til you hear I would wait it out. You could call again if you wanted though I would probably wait to see if I heard anything by the 31st.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SemperVivum)
    If you want to go there and as you don't have to make any decision til you hear I would wait it out. You could call again if you wanted though I would probably wait to see if I heard anything by the 31st.
    The poster is referring to the 31st March, which has been and gone.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to call them although feel free to if you want. They aim to reply to everyone by the 31st March but they don't always manage this. Give them a call if you want just explaining you were told by the uni you would hear back by the 31st March and haven't. I'm afraid it's just a waiting game.
    Ucas says something about the deadline being on the 6th. Does this mean that after this date all my offers will be automatically declined ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Ucas says something about the deadline being on the 6th. Does this mean that after this date all my offers will be automatically declined ?
    On the 6th May, if you have any universities which have not replied to you with an offer, UCAS will automatically make it unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    If it gets closer to the 6th, contact Ucas and find out. Or contact them tomorrow so they can reassure you! They can't cancel all your offers simply because one uni is being slow. You've earned those offers!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you for your comments. Much appreciated Feel more at eaze now.

ReputationRep:
    The poster is referring to the 31st March, which has been and gone.
    My bad, sorry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.