(Original post by princess271)
    yep was for you
    awww lol
    did she smack u haha
    thanks
    noo she didnt smack me, but she gave me a scary look and strutted off :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soyasauce)
    damn right she should lol as long they are muslims what wrong with who they marry
    I agree, as long as there muslims its all Ok, but its always the parents, it happened to my uncle as well :/ but in most cases it works out as parents realise that there children will be happier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    thanks
    noo she didnt smack me, but she gave me a scary look and strutted off :/
    lol
    strutted
    you should have gave her a scary look back..!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, as long as there muslims its all Ok, but its always the parents, it happened to my uncle as well :/ but in most cases it works out as parents realise that there children will be happier
    yeh parents literally always look at the cultures lol

ReputationRep:
    and i know its spellt bengali
    i should know i am one
    but it sounds better when people say bengoli
    but you wouldnt know
    coz u aint one
    If you say so.....

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    lol
    strutted
    you should have gave her a scary look back..!!
    she did, and it was outside the lesson which was about to start...
    plus i cant giv scary looks, shes way more scarier then me i dont want to get on her badside otherwise its gonna be hell for me

ReputationRep:
    she did, and it was outside the lesson which was about to start...
    plus i cant giv scary looks, shes way more scarier then me i dont want to get on her badside otherwise its gonna be hell for me
    awww lol
    okay then
    you at school like?

ReputationRep:
    yeh parents literally always look at the cultures lol
    Trust me, theres a simple way around it, get the Qu'ran out

ReputationRep:
    awww lol
    okay then
    you at school like?
    its not funny
    nope on holiday

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, theres a simple way around it, get the Qu'ran out
    naah they won't go with what the quran says ....... they'll do what the head of family says

ReputationRep:
    naah they won't go with what the quran says ....... they'll do what the head of family says
    You can trust me, if they pray 5 times a day and are a very religious family then they can't ignore the Qu'ran otherwise they'll be hypocrites plus people will look at them differently so they'll accept

ReputationRep:
    You can trust me, if they pray 5 times a day and are a very religious family then they can't ignore the Qu'ran otherwise they'll be hypocrites plus people will look at them differently so they'll accept
    yes but hw many of those people do you come across everyday ?? especially in the paki culture

ReputationRep:
    yes but hw many of those people do you come across everyday ?? especially in the paki culture
    Well i do see a lot of religious and faithful older muslims from Pakistan, plus some do seem liberal as in there very well educated and are happy for love marriages. The problem is probably the dad unless he's religious then you got the mum who will care about honour which is gonna be hard unless the dad talks to her..... Well as I know, a lot of bengalis and Pakistani's are mixing.. like my cousins cousin she got married to a Pakistani guy and i met him according to my mum :confused: didnt see any difference

ReputationRep:
    Well i do see a lot of religious and faithful older muslims from Pakistan, plus some do seem liberal as in there very well educated and are happy for love marriages. The problem is probably the dad unless he's religious then you got the mum who will care about honour which is gonna be hard unless the dad talks to her..... Well as I know, a lot of bengalis and Pakistani's are mixing.. like my cousins cousin she got married to a Pakistani guy and i met him according to my mum :confused: didnt see any difference
    yeh true .. you've won the discussion

ReputationRep:
    of course it can work outt
    most people are more westernised in their thinking nowadays
    im pakistani and i wouldnt mind being with another race

ReputationRep:
    yeh true .. You've won the discussion
    yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serinhussain)
    of course it can work outt
    most people are more westernised in their thinking nowadays
    im pakistani and i wouldnt mind being with another race
    positive rep for that

ReputationRep:
    positive rep for that
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serinhussain)
    thanks
    no problemo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyFuzazzle)
    No =/ I was gonna say if you're an Arabic muslim , that might be a problem (not my own view) just for some reason Pakistani families don't like their kids marryings Arab families and vice versa. I don't think there shouldn't be any concern with beibg Bangladeshi, you should tell her how you feel? =3

Agreed. This is true. In fact, if OP was to say he was Indian I doubt it would matter that much either. Sure, the countries hate each other but I've heard countless Pakistani Muslim and Indian Muslim marriages. My gran's brother's wife's daughter married an Indian. It was no biggie at all. They're happily married with 2 kids. though I doubt they watch cricket together.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.