Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I like a Pakistani girl but am not myself. Can it work? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    It's not that she wouldn't see you that way, necessarily. It just seems to be fairly common that it may not be accepted by the family thus affecting her decision.
    I definitley agree with you, its the family , like my uncle couldn't get married to a pakistani girl since her Dad wouldn't allow a Bengali into the family :/. But families have opened up recently and nowadays let them mix with other similar asian looking muslims. But to be honest it's all down to the Mum and Dad like the Dad will always listen to the Mum unless he's like crazy lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalingaTheSlinga)
    I'm with a Pakistani girl I can't marry It changes the future but doesn't necessarily change the present. If we (I do, not sure about her anymore ) want to continue now, I think we should and even though her parents may disapprove, we don't know what will happen in the future. It could end in marriage, or it could end in us breaking up. Either way, we knew the possibilities from the start so OP if you were to get with her, i'd suggest being open minded about a future break up, even if you fall in love. I did, and don't regret it. Nor will I if we ever have to break up. I will sort of regret not taking her away but i'm working on that currently - a rather big plan to take her away from her family and be happily married with me :ninja:
    :cry2:. Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I definitley agree with you, its the family , like my uncle couldn't get married to a pakistani girl since her Dad wouldn't allow a Bengali into the family :/. But families have opened up recently and nowadays let them mix with other similar asian looking muslims. But to be honest it's all down to the Mum and Dad like the Dad will always listen to the Mum unless he's like crazy lool
    mix with other similar asian looking muslims :rofl:

It's always down to the mum and dad, however if the mum and dad are affected by the family, their reputation, what the community will say etc. etc. then that factor comes into play as well. :moon: The mums wear the pants though. :rofl2: They should all be separated, one asian nuclear family per 1000 non-muslim ones. No migration allowed. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    mix with other similar asian looking muslims :rofl:

It's always down to the mum and dad, however if the mum and dad are affected by the family, their reputation, what the community will say etc. etc. then that factor comes into play as well. :moon: The mums wear the pants though. :rofl2: They should all be separated, one asian nuclear family per 1000 non-muslim ones. No migration allowed. :fuhrer:
    Asian muslim families prefer other asian muslim family with similar heritage.
    Whats with the use of nuclear ¬¬ not exactley very friendly, migration is very legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunmetalpanda)
    :cry2:. Sad times.
    Meh You can help me come up with a plan if you like :mmm: Or alternatively, be my plan :sexface: - all you need is 32E tits and a firm arse and a tight vagina and be sexually willing when I want, where I want and swallow every single drop that I ejaculate :coma:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tbh, not even a million of those could make me leave or cheat on my girlfriend. Love is a powerful thing and all :laugh:

I'll work something out :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Asian muslim families prefer other asian muslim family with similar heritage.
    Whats with the use of nuclear ¬¬ not exactley very friendly, migration is very legal.
    Because if I just said family, 1000 of them would probably come.

ReputationRep:
    Meh You can help me come up with a plan if you like :mmm: Or alternatively, be my plan :sexface: - all you need is 32E tits and a firm arse and a tight vagina and be sexually willing when I want, where I want and swallow every single drop that I ejaculate :coma:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tbh, not even a million of those could make me leave or cheat on my girlfriend. Love is a powerful thing and all :laugh:

:lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut: lol. Good luck though, you'll find inspiration in old school bollywood films

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    It's okay , thanks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    And its the case with most Pakistani families I know - really is a backwards mentality.
    Personally most Pakistani girl would understand a Pakistani lad better than anyone else in my experience they are some of the most pious of muslims, carry themselves with pride and dignity, understand my culture and my views on certain matters. All around they are the best match for Pakistani men. I honestly don't get why a Pakistani guy/girl would choose an Indian/Bengali or Arab over a Pakistani.

Secondly why would i marry a Non-Pakistani Asian. There's a whole world out there and i never understand why a Pakistani would want to limit themselves and be mocked by people for marrying an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

:rofl2:

oh deary me :ninja:
    you might have just given OP ideas there well done

:mmm:

It's okay , thanks :hugs:
    :puppyeyes:

if you dont mind me being nosy, do her parents know (anything) yet or not?
    errm you're not guna run away are you? plz ignore the bollywood when it comes to that :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Because if I just said family, 1000 of them would probably come.
    Thats not even true, its just South Asian families keep in touch with relations from generations back, like a load of family are back in Bangladesh, but they dont wanna come over, they dont even care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    THIS! Trust me, if her family is strict. Actually, even if they're not she's Paki and I know how brothers react. Either smooth it out with her brothers/family first and then try it or you'll end up regretting it and probably end up getting battered as well.
    Bro be honest your from the same city as i am so you've probably seen this happen countless times before which Pakistani family would allow it to happen even the modern/liberal ones would never give their daughters hand to an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

Talking to the brother? You serious, let's just say if he catches you or if you own up to having a relationship with his sister, it not only game over as far as the relationship goes it's also lights-out for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Sweet Science)
    Personally most Pakistani girl would understand a Pakistani lad better than anyone else in my experience they are some of the most pious of muslims, carry themselves with pride and dignity, understand my culture and my views on certain matters. All around they are the best match for Pakistani men. I honestly don't get why a Pakistani guy/girl would choose an Indian/Bengali or Arab over a Pakistani.

Secondly why would i marry a Non-Pakistani Asian. There's a whole world out there and i never understand why a Pakistani would want to limit themselves and be mocked by people for marrying an Indian/Bengali or Arab.
    Because Islam states a muslim women is for a muslim man, therefore meaning that race, background etc doesn't matter at all, there are also a lot of pious muslims from other backgrounds.

And the answer to the second part is simply because pious muslims realise that they don't care what other people think, it doesnt matter who they marry as long as they are pious as well. And for them to say bad things because of their race is not Islamically therefore they can easily push these comments aside as they aren't relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Sweet Science)
    Bro be honest your from the same city as i am so you've probably seen this happen countless times before which Pakistani family would allow it to happen even the modern/liberal ones would never give their daughters hand to an Indian/Bengali or Arab.

Talking to the brother? You serious, let's just say if he catches you or if you own up to having a relationship with his sister, it not only game over as far as the relationship goes it's also lights-out for yourself.
    How do you know where I'm from? haha.
    Nah, I know what you mean but if he admits it they might give him a chance because I've seen it happen before. Most likely, it's a lose lose situation for this guy though lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    How do you know where I'm from? haha.
    Nah, I know what you mean but if he admits it they might give him a chance because I've seen it happen before. Most likely, it's a lose lose situation for this guy though lmao.
    You told me in the cricket society, lool. Honestly if that happened with people i know let's just say 'the rock' would be empty with the 'cuzzi' bros ready to do some damage.

Personally I have never seen it happen and i'm certain it wouldn't go down well, personally most Pakistani girls don't go for Indians/Bengalis as they don't find them attractive and there ain't too many arab around here anyways bar Iraqis/Yemenis.

ReputationRep:
    all this nonsense about brother battering the girl if she goes out with a non-pakistani etc. please, don't chat crap. you're talking out of your ******* you ignorant dykes.
    i'm muslim and i've had a non-muslim, white ladyfriend before. my sister is married to a south african. I didn't go around like, 'oh yeah i'm gonna smash his face and then yours'.
    I think it's down to how open the family themselves are and the individual. i've already said I ain't marrying no asian, and they're fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Why is it not okay to discriminate on the base of ethnicity, but it is okay on hte base of religion?
    Because one is chosen, and the other is from birth.

Stupid fool.

ReputationRep:
    nope it wont work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    your nan should be deported to her grave you racist, ignorant, mentally deficient, turdlick.
    I can tell from this post that you are paki.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    all this nonsense about brother battering the girl if she goes out with a non-pakistani etc. please, don't chat crap. you're talking out of your ******* you ignorant dykes.
    i'm muslim and i've had a non-muslim, white ladyfriend before. my sister is married to a south african. I didn't go around like, 'oh yeah i'm gonna smash his face and then yours'.
    I think it's down to how open the family themselves are and the individual. i've already said I ain't marrying no asian, and they're fine with it.
    First of all your from London which is totally different as the Pakistani community isn't as tight knit or as large compared to other cities in the u.k.

If a family is open-minded they certainly wouldn't mind a Non-Pakistani but if they were from an Arab, Bengali or Indian heritage it would cause serious problems from personal experience. Members of my own family have married outside their nationality and it has caused no problem, my sisters have married outside of the community one to an Italian and the other married to a white british lad.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.