Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Photosynthesis help please:

What happens to electrons after it is used in the light dependent reaction/where is it used up?
    What substances affect these electrons if we add them to plants?

And if DCPIP was added, what does it do, and where does it get involved?

I give rep by the way
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mrt23498)
    Photosynthesis help please:

What happens to electrons after it is used in the light dependent reaction/where is it used up?
    What substances affect these electrons if we add them to plants?
    Electrons(once have passed down the chloroplasts losing energy, and reach the last stage of photosystem 1) bind with Hydrogen ions and NADP to form reduced NADP which is used later in the light independant reaction.

I'm not sure what you mean with the second question, if this is ISA-related then this site is quite useful
    http://www.practicalbiology.org/area...is,60,EXP.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Electrons(once have passed down the chloroplasts losing energy, and reach the last stage of photosystem 1) bind with Hydrogen ions and NADP to form reduced NADP which is used later in the light independant reaction.

I'm not sure what you mean with the second question, if this is ISA-related then this site is quite useful
    http://www.practicalbiology.org/area...is,60,EXP.html
    Thanks for the answer and the link, I'm wondering what happens if you add chlorides like Potassium chloride and Ammonium chloride and how that would affect the light dependent reactiob

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.